You know, I’ve been thinking about desserts that are served at restaurants lately.
You ever notice that the same dessert options are always offered? I mean like, seriously! Here are the desserts that you are more than likely to see:
- Brownie A’la Mode
- 7 Layer Devilish Chocolate Cake
- New Year Cheesecake
- Creme Brulee
- Key Lime Pie
- Carrot Cake
- Apple or Fruit Crumble
Now there may be some slight changes depends on where you go, but for the most part it is exactly the same thing. As a lifetime member of the “I Love Sugar No Matter If It Kills Me” club, I think it is safe for me to say that as a lover of dessert I am tired of all the same options and demand some innovative and creative desserts to choose from gosh-darn-it! I mean, has it ever occurred to the people who creates these menus that their competitors has the same dessert options? Why not step outside of the competition and do something a little different? I’m just saying that I’m a little tired of the same stuff. So I made this.
Now, I know there isn’t anything particularly “out side of the box” original, but this is a quick and simple way to show how you can take a classic dessert like blondies and add a little compote to take it to another level. Well, I am a little biased because I love peaches. They are my favorite fruit. In fact, I probably have more recipes on this blog using peaches and bourbon than any other recipe. What can I say? I love them both. Well, I like Bourbon in food and sauces but not by itself. Way to gross for me. I am more of a Vodka chick. Anyway, I made The Best Blondies with a peach compote. Nothing fancy but the combination of flavors make takes these blondies to a whole new level. Just another idea if you have a peach fetish like me.
The Best Blondies Recipe with Peach Compote
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 c. lite brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 c. butterscotch (or other desired chips of your choice)
- 3/4 c. toffee baking bits
- PEACH COMPOTE
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 4 c. peaches, fresh and sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Spray a 9X9 square pan with baking spray
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar in the bowl and slowly pour in the melted butter. Now add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in the chips and the walnuts. Spread the blondie mixture in the square pan evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted in the middle and come out clean.
- For compote: Melt the 2 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet. Add the brown sugar to the skillet once the butter has been melted. Stir so the brown sugar can dissolve into the butter. Pour in the peaches and fold the peaches with the butter and sugar so the peaches are evenly coated. Allow to simmer on low-medium for 15 minutes until the peaches become thick. Add in the cinnamon and fold once more. Remove from heat.
- Serve the compote on top of the blondie along with ice cream, if desired.
Leave a Reply