- 2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 c. lite brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 c. butterscotch (or other desired chips of your choice)
- 3/4 c. toffee baking bits
- PEACH COMPOTE
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 4 c. peaches, fresh and sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Spray a 9X9 square pan with baking spray
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar in the bowl and slowly pour in the melted butter. Now add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in the chips and the walnuts. Spread the blondie mixture in the square pan evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted in the middle and come out clean.
- For compote: Melt the 2 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet. Add the brown sugar to the skillet once the butter has been melted. Stir so the brown sugar can dissolve into the butter. Pour in the peaches and fold the peaches with the butter and sugar so the peaches are evenly coated. Allow to simmer on low-medium for 15 minutes until the peaches become thick. Add in the cinnamon and fold once more. Remove from heat.
- Serve the compote on top of the blondie along with ice cream, if desired.