I saved the best and easiest recipe for last.
This recipe is so easy that I was debating if I should even put it on the blog. I guess this recipe is more like a concept than anything. You see, I was going for a hot chocolate cupcake type thing and I ended up tapping into the spirits of my people (you) and I thought to myself, “Nicole, it’s the holidays! People want to make treats that are easy to make and hardly any cleanup. So, I took a box of brownie mix, put them in cupcake tins, and made a frosting using marshmallow fluff and called it a day! They were pretty awesome and, yes, they did kind of remind me of drinking a nice hot cup of chocolatey hot cocoa with a creamy marshmallow topping. Super fun and easy.
You know, now that I think about it, making these could be really fun for kids. Let me set the scene for you: If you are having a holiday party and you know kids will be present, make several of these brownie cupcakes, put the frosting in small cups, buy a bunch of sprinkles and holiday themed cupcake topping, set things out on the table and let them decorate their own cupcakes! You can also buy cupcake boxes and let them decorate them for their cupcakes. I know, you would think that I’ve done this before, but I haven’t. Anyway, this is the last of my “Christmas Week”. I hope that I have given you some yummy holiday ideas to share with your friends and family.
Love, Peace, and Hair Grease,
- 1 lb. box Brownie Mix (include the eggs, oil, and water)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake tins. Spray the inside of the cupcake lines with a little baking spray.
- Prepare the brownie batter as indicated on the box. Pour about ⅓ cup of the brownie batter in the cupcake tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Once the butter is creamed add the marshmallow fluff and blend together. Finally, add the vanilla extract, pinch of salt and slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until frosting is creamy.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cupcakes or pipe on top of the cupcakes and decorate a desired.