Before you know it, the leaves will be falling, Halloween will be coming, and fall desserts and comfort food will be part of what is keeping us warm.
This Caramel Apple Blondies Recipe will also be good for the fall too!
I think I am going to go out on a limb here and state that fall is my favorite season. I think it’s because in Ohio, we get to turn our clocks back an hour; I love the sight of the leaves turning orange, red, and yellow; and I love the food that you are more likely to eat in the fall. You know what I mean. Comfort food! Oh! I almost forgot, I especially love tailgating. Football is okay, but I love tailgating and Super Bowl Parties more than anything. They make life worth living. In anticipation of this upcoming fall, I thought I get started with creating some sweet treats that you can share with your families when you have your Fall Harvest Parties and Halloween Parties. I thought I start with this Caramel Apple Blondies Recipe.
I tested this recipe two times before I decided to share because I wanted to experiment with some techniques before I shared them with you. The first time I made these I started off with the basic recipe for blondies and added my own inserts of toffee, butterscotch, and walnuts; then I topped off the blondies with apple chunks, poured caramel on top of the apple chunks, and then put them in the oven. Doesn’t sound bad, right? Well they didn’t come out bad but I had to keep putting them in the oven and had a hard time determining how long they should bake. Therefore, I had to try a second time. The second time, I did the same steps I did before except I didn’t pour the caramel on top while they were baking. I waited until the blondies were done and then I drizzle the caramel sauce on top, which worked out perfectly and I was able to better time the baking time for the blondies. PERFECTO! They are awesome, delicious, and very “fall-like”.
I hope you are as ready for fall as I am. I hope the recipes I give you this week makes you anxious enough to share with your family and friends. If you make them, come back and let me know how they turn out for you.Print
Caramel Apple Blondies
- 1 c. unsalted butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chopped walnut
- 1/2 c. toffee pieces
- 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
- 2 1/2 c. cubed apples
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- caramel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Line a buttered square 9.5 X 9.5 square pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well mixed. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a rubber spatula and fold in the walnuts, toffee pieces, and butterscotch chips. Pour in the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, toss the cubed apple slices with 2 tablespoons of butter and a dash of cinnamon. Spread the apples evenly over the blondie mix and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the middle. Let cool for 15 minutes and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Leave a Reply