This Cheesy Queso Taco Skillet Casserole recipe is the perfect recipe that will feed a family. Made with queso cheese, tomatoes, ground beef, and green onions.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 oz. taco seasoning
- ½ c. onions, diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta
- 15.5 oz. queso cheese sauce
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes and chilies
- ½ c. green onion, diced
- Fill a large pot with water and add a couple teaspoons of salt. Bring to a slight steam/ boil and add the penne pasta and cook completely. Drain and set the pasta to the side.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions together until browned. Add the garlic and stir and allow to cook for an addition 2 minutes, just until the garlic is fragrant. Drain the excess fat and return to the skillet and the pasta. Toss the beef and pasta together until evenly distributed.
- Add the cheese sauce, diced tomatoes, and stir evenly. This is also an opportunity for you to add black beans if you wish. Just make sure you rinse and drain the beans. Cover with lid and cook on low to medium heat for 15 minutes. Top off with green onions and serve.
- Category: Dinner