Foods and food types that I am not a big fan of:
- Mushrooms: I don’t believe in eating fungus. Plus, it has to be cut up finely in order for me to eat them.
- Carrots: You probably will never see me just eating on carrot sticks. They add flavor but by themselves I don’t really care for them. Maybe if I dip them in ranch or hummus they’re not so bad.
- Exotic Foods: It’s something about the spice of most exotic foods that is a bit much for me.
- Ginger: I think ginger is good for enhancing flavors but it’s too strong by itself. Although if I am juicing I will add it to my juice but you will never see me eat a ginger snap.
- Cream Pies: I don’t like Lemon Meringue Pie, Key Lime Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, or French Silk Pie.
I know what you are thinking. You are thinking “Why did you make a Chocolate Cream Pie if you don’t like cream pies?” Here is the thing about cream pies, most of them are fluffy. I don’t like fluff. I don’t think Key Lime Pie is all that fluffy, but I am not a big fan of lime flavored stuff. Chocolate Cream Pie, at least the way I made it, is denser than most cream pies. The topping is important too. I topped this pie off with the Marscarpone Whipped Cream, the same whipped cream I used for my Toffee Brownies, and that too is denser and has a great light sweet cheese flavor. Also, in my chocolate cream pie I added some toffee pieces for some added texture and crunch. Not to mention this dessert is incredibly easy to make and it take almost no time. So if you have somewhere to go or if you want to make something quick this is the perfect dessert for your event!Print
Chocolate Toffee Cream Pie
- FOR THE PIE:
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- ½ cups Sugar
- ⅓ cups Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ cups Milk
- 4 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Bakers Chocolate, Melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Heath Chocolate Toffee Pieces, More For Topping
- 6 ounces, weight Graham Cracker Crust, Pre-made
- FOR THE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 4 ounces, weight Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cups Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Optional Garnishes: Hot Fudge Sauce And Caramel Sauce
- For the pie:
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, melted chocolate and extract until smooth and fluffy. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the toffee pieces. Pour the mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust.
- For the whipped topping:
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the mascarpone cheese and sugar until creamy. Slowly add the heavy cream into the cheese mixture. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to slowly add the cream until all is added. Beat until firm peaks are created. Scrape the whipped cream on top of the chocolate pie and top with additional toffee piece (optional). Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- – Idea: You can also drizzle with hot fudge and caramel for the added sugar!
Leave a Reply