Allow these Cinnamon Roll Apple Dumplings to be the sign to let you know that I’m officially back to normal.
These Cinnamon Roll Apple Dumplings are so easy and delicious, it will have your friends and family think you spent hours on them.
I remember some years ago when Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, stepped on the scene with her first cookbook. I will never forget the first time I became familiar with her because I was in my favorite store, and that is?…Target (duh), and I came across her cookbook. Let me tell you, in order for me to purchase a cookbook, it has to be pretty exceptional. It has to be the right amount of recipes; I have to be able to identify most of the ingredients; the processes can’t be a full 2 pages, and the pictures must be amazing! Well, her cookbook had all of the things I liked in a cookbook including step photos and personal stories about her life on the ranch.
Although there were many recipes that I have and wanted to make, I couldn’t believe her recipe for her Apple Dumplings. Why? BECAUSE SHE PUT AN ENTIRE CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW IN THE DISH THAT’S WHY?! I don’t know if that is some old southern or traditional way of making Apple Dumplings but I just couldn’t justify that ingredient. I mean, to me, that is just crazy-sugar-love. Heck, I don’t even drink Mountain Dew or any soda for that matter. But you know what is funny, in most apple dumpling recipes I’ve come across I have seen some sort of soda included in the recipe. But get this, it’s like mixed with butter and sugar already! I’m not ready to go into a diabetic coma just yet.
Guess what, I didn’t need any damn Mountain Dew ( No offense to Ree. I heart her)! My regular caramel sauce did the trick. I am glad I didn’t add any additional sugars because I still used the drizzle of Cinnamon Rolls so I didn’t want it to be too sweet. You know what? It was perfect! All you have to do is eat those suckers warm and with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and I promise you will float to my house, say thank you, and float back to your home. This dessert is incredible and “stupid-easy” to make.
Now I am actually going to give you permission or will simply be okay if you stopped reading this blog post and started making this dessert.
Why are you still reading? Get in the kitchen already!Print
Cinnamon Roll Apple Dumplings
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
Try this easy and very delicious Cinnamon Roll Apple Dumplings for dessert today! It takes not time to make these dumplings and you will definitely fall in love!
- 3– 7.3 oz can of Cinnamon Rolls (5 count rolls)
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Bourbon (if you don’t have Bourbon, use water)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Peel the apples and cut into thick slices. Open the can of cinnamon rolls and unroll each cinnamon rolls, cut in half, and begin to take a half of the cinnamon roll pieces and wrap with a single apple slice. Place inside 9X13 casserole dish. Repeat until all apples and cinnamon rolls pieces are used.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the brown sugar and allow to come to melt, about 2-3 minutes. Next, add the Bourbon and stir until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and allow to simmer. Pour the sauce over the dumplings and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and drizzle with one of the containers of cinnamon roll icing. Serve slightly warm.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply