This Creamy Shrimp Scampi dish is made with the delicious flavors of lemon, garlic, basil, and plump shrimp served cheese ravioli instead of spaghetti or linguine noodles. It is absolutely delicious and amazing.
I am a serious pasta lover. Pasta can get me in a lot of trouble. But pasta is so worth the carbs and the inches. One of my favorite pasta dishes is Shrimp Scampi. There’s something about the butter-and the garlic-and the shrimp-and the linguine that makes my spine tingle. I love shrimp scampi! This go-round, I wanted to try something different: make a creamy shrimp scampi sauce and serve with ravioli stuffed with cheese.
Although it looks like a “fancy” dish, this Creamy Shrimp Scampi Ravioli is a perfect option for a weeknight or date night dinner. All you have to do is whip up a quick house salad and serve with some crusty bread, and you are all set.
Cooking with white wine
Yes, this recipe requires that you cook with white wine. I know this may seem intimidating to some people, but let me assure you that it really isn’t all that bad. I don’t drink wine that often unless it’s Seven Daughters Moscato and not now because I’m pregnant. But I do always have a bottle of white and red wine available in the same cabinet where I keep my bottles of vinegar and oil. That’s because I know I am going to need it at some point. I tend to buy a pretty cheap bottle of both if I need to, but you definitely can pay for a more expensive bottle of white wine that you can also drink at the same time while cooking.
I absolutely love this creamy shrimp scampi recipe. I couldn’t keep my fork out of the pan. The sauce is so creamy and cheesy and filled with amazing flavors from the garlic, lemon, and basil, which is my favorite part. This recipe puts me in the mind of my Seafood Gnocchi with White Wine dish that is also one sexy dish to enjoy. In fact, here are a few more recipes that you will enjoy if this dish has everything you could ever want!
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Ravioli
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
Enjoy this Creamy Shrimp Scampi Ravioli made with cheese ravioli, large shrimp, garlic, and fresh basil. A perfect dish for the family!
- 10 oz. Cheese Ravioli
- 1 ½ lb. 26/30 Raw Large Shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 3 c. heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Fresh basil, chopped and more for garnish if desired
- In a large shallow pan, turn on medium-high heat. Heat the olive oil and begin to melt the 3 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted and the oil and butter begin to bubble, add the diced onions and cook until translucent. Once the onions have cooked, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, and extra 2 tablespoons of butter. Allow the wine to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Once the cream begins to simmer, add the grated parmesan cheese, red crushed pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and fresh basil. Stir to combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and ravioli to the pan and use a spatula or flat spoon to fold together. Once well combined, cover with lid and allow to simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Top off the dish in the pan with an extra ⅓ cup of grated parmesan cheese and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree
Leave a Reply