Enjoy this Creamy Shrimp Scampi Ravioli made with cheese ravioli, large shrimp, garlic, and fresh basil. A perfect dish for the family!
- 10 oz. Cheese Ravioli
- 1 ½ lb. 26/30 Raw Large Shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 3 c. heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Fresh basil, chopped and more for garnish if desired
- In a large shallow pan, turn on medium-high heat. Heat the olive oil and begin to melt the 3 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted and the oil and butter begin to bubble, add the diced onions and cook until translucent. Once the onions have cooked, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, and extra 2 tablespoons of butter. Allow the wine to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Once the cream begins to simmer, add the grated parmesan cheese, red crushed pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and fresh basil. Stir to combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and ravioli to the pan and use a spatula or flat spoon to fold together. Once well combined, cover with lid and allow to simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Top off the dish in the pan with an extra ⅓ cup of grated parmesan cheese and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree