This Cajun Eggs Benedict Recipe is perfect for Father’s Day!
One of my personal favorite breakfast recipes is this Easy Cajun Eggs Benedict! Made using biscuits, spicy sausage, and smooth hollandaise sauce.
When my husband (then boyfriend) and I started dating, it was a great opportunity for me to make all type of dishes and experiment with him. When you love to cook and you’re single, you jump on almost any opportunity to cook for someone or any occasion. When he and I started dating, I made all types of dishes. Most of which he actually enjoyed! So much so that he gained 30 pounds over the course of 2 years. Yeah, I fattened him up. Good thing he lost all of the weigh last year. In any case, one of the meals I made for him that he absolutely loves is Classic Eggs Benedict.
The best part of this Easy Cajun Eggs Benedict recipe is the spicy sausage by Evergood Fine Foods.
You have to give them a shot!
I believe the first time my husband had Eggs Benedict was when I made it for him. I remember watching an episode of The Pioneer Woman and I was immediately intrigued with how she made hollandaise sauce. So much so, I tried it immediately. You see, I never had Eggs Benedict before that episode. But, after I tried it, I have been hooked and have been making Eggs Benedict ever since.
My Easy Cajun Eggs Benedict recipe is not the only Eggs Benedict Recipe on my blog!
Check out my Classic Eggs Benedict Recipe…
And my Seafood Eggs Benedict Recipe, which is my personal favorite.
I started off making Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits. You can totally use your own recipe or buy store made biscuits if you want. Whatever is going to make your life easier is what you should do. Then, I made the hollandaise sauce using an immersion blender. You can totally use a regular blender but I just find that using the handheld immersion blender is more helpful for me. I added a little bit of cayenne pepper to the hollandaise sauce to give it some kick. Finally, I fried some spicy sausage by Evergood Fine Goods, which is based out of San Francisco as they have some of the best sausages in the country!
The spicy sausage isn’t muddled with dull flavor. The flavor hits you almost immediately when you bite into it. They have many versions of their sausage that I love. However, the spicy sausage is my favorite! Heck, I even used it in another recipe on my blog, which is the Cajun Seafood Pasta! I highly encourage you to order some of their sausages to use in your recipes or just to place on the grill! I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!
For this Father’s Day, make your hubby’s, grandfathers, brothers, or friends a breakfast they will never forget. This Easy Cajun Eggs Benedict recipe will definitely show them your appreciation!
- 4 Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 Evergood Spicy Sausage Links, cut in half
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ medium lemon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Make or prepare the biscuits as desired. Once finished baking, slice the top of the biscuit creating an even layer.
- Using an immersion or standing blender, add the egg yolks and pulse on low for about 2-3 minutes. The yolks should start to look pale. Slowly blend in the butter on high speed until smooth. Add the juice of the lemon while on high speed. Add the salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add more seasoning to taste if desired. Set the hollandaise sauce aside,
- Using a medium saute pan on medium heat, spray the pan with nonstick spray. Slice the halved spicy sausages in the middle while still attached. Cook open side down in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Now begin layering the Cajun Eggs Benedict. Place one of the halves of sausages on the biscuits and top with hollandaise sauce as desired. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.