This is a sponsored post by Freddy’s Steakburgers and Custard. All opinions are my own.
You could have the delicious taste of a Cheeseburger in one delicious bite in these Fried Cheeseburger Balls seasoned with Freddy’s Hamburger and French Fry Seasoning.
Tater Tots, ground beef, pickles, and cheese makes some amazing Fried Cheeseburger Balls!
Now that we are in our first home, we have been all about starting holiday traditions for our family. Of course, I want to have my annual Christmas Eve party but because we have only been in our new house for 2 months, the house isn’t quite ready (not decorated and still partially packed) so I didn’t want to rush into anything. Therefore, we decided to do something a little different and a bit expected.
How I made these Fried Cheeseburger Balls
To make these Fried Cheeseburger Balls, I took a concept that I used before in my Mozzarella Tater Tot Balls and switched some of the ingredients around and they came out perfectly. I combined thawed tater tots, cheddar cheese, cooked ground beef, pickles, and Freddy’s Steak and French Fry seasoning for added flavor. To make these Fried Cheeseburger Balls more delicious, I coated them with panko bread crumbs for a delicious crunch. Let me tell you, these babies tastes like a Fried-Cheeseburger-Ball! Who knew?!
Fried Cheeseburger Balls
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
These Fried Cheeseburger Balls are the perfect appetizer that tastes just like a Cheeseburger. Enjoy with Freddy’s Steakburger and Fry seasoning!
- 3 c. tater tots, thawed
- 1 lb, ground beef, cooked
- ½ c. onions, diced
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheese
- ½ c. hamburger dill pickles, diced
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. + 1 tbsp. Flour
- ½ tbsp. Freddy’s Burger and Fry seasoning
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 ½ c. Panko Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Using a medium saute pan on medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions together until the beef turns brown. Season the beef with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Fill a deep fryer halfway with vegetable oil on 350 Degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the tater tots and use a potato masher to break the tater tots. Then, add the cooked ground beef and onion mixture, sharp cheddar cheese, pickles, flour, eggs, Freddy’s Burger and Fry seasoning, pepper, and onion and garlic powder. Mix together.
- In a medium shallow bowl, pour in the panko bread crumbs in a large shallow bowl. Use a med-sized cookie scooper and scoop some of the mixture into your hands, roll in a ball, and roll in the panko breadcrumbs, and turn to the hot oil. Cook on both sides for about 1 minute and the balls will be golden brown. Use a mesh spoon and turn to a cooling rack lined with paper towel. Sprinkle with Freddy’s Steak and Fry Seasoning. Allow cooling slightly before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Leave a Reply