Here is another healthy Grilled Pork Chops recipe to top off your summer!
Here is a different way to enjoy your Grilled Pork Chops for the Summer!
Last week I mentioned how I am working with the National Pork Association and Wal-Mart to celebrate pork and create healthier ways for you to eat your chops. When I was growing up, pork chops were made one of two ways: deep-fried or smothered in gravy. You know what I was thinking about…just now…I think part of the reason pork get a bad wrap is because it is mostly made in the unhealthiest of ways. I mean think about it: you have ham hocks used for adding flavor to things that is basically a knot of fat and skin; there is bacon and we don’t need to go into that; pork rinds, which is fried pig’s skin; and chitterlings, which…..well. Hardly do you see healthy versions of pork until now.
I am taking it on as my personal mission to educate the world how to take common ingredients and make them healthier or give options on how to use them in different ways. I have to admit, thinking of ways to make pork chops healthy was somewhat of a challenge, but in a good way. Now I have more recipes that I can put in rotation in my household to serve to myself and guests (my husband doesn’t eat pork). I want to give someone the opportunity to try this recipes by providing an awesome prize pack of
- Chef Mate Grill Tool Set
- Grilling Accessories: grilling brush and meat thermometer
- $100 Wal-Mart Gift Card
I a winner will be randomly selected each week of this promotion. This is the second week and next week is the last week of the promotion. To enter, follow the instructions below to win!
Grilled Pork Chop with Corn and Tomato Salsa-GIVEAWAY
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Serve your Grilled Pork Chops with a bit of smoked paprika for added flavor and top with Corn and Tomato Salsa. Perfect and light for the summer.
- 4 Bone In Pork Chops
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp.pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 15 oz. sweet corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper- seeded and finely diced
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. red onions, diced
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of smoked paprika
- For salsa, drain the sweet corn (you can use unthawed corn) and rinse with cold water. Place in a medium bowl, add the jalapeno, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste. Toss and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- On a prepared grill, grill the pork chops for 3-5 minutes on both sides or until cooked on the inside (145 Degrees or higher). Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve. Top with corn salsa and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply