This is definitely one Moist Pumpkin Cake and is topped with an amazing Brown Butter Glaze.
You know what this pumpkin cake reminds me of? It reminds me of perfect Fall Sundays where we would visit my grandma on Sundays to eat an after church Sunday dinner. When I’d walk into her house I was immediately welcomed by the delicious smells of Homemade Fried Chicken, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, and Southern Collard Greens followed behind the sweet smell of a spicy and sweet dessert like this Moist Pumpkin Cake.
What a feast, right?
Although the actual meal is enough to steal my heart and warm my belly, the true star of the show for me was always the dessert. This Moist Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Glaze is definitely fit to take center stage of any meal.
How to make this Moist Pumpkin Cake?
Making this pumpkin cake isn’t any different from making any other cake. You add the dry ingredients such as the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Combine those ingredients with some pumpkin puree and additional spices. Bake this cake in a Bundt cake for about an hour and you have yourself one delicious cake!
Now let’s talk about this Brown Butter Glaze
Brown Butter is one of life’s most precious gifts. First of all, it is created from butter. Anything created from butter is magical to me. You take some butter and melt it down and keep it simmering in a small saucepan until the milk deposits have separated and the butter has turned a deep amber color. Not only that, the smell of the Brown Butter smells a bit nutty, which is awesome.
Once you have browned the butter, you allow it to cool and strain the butter through a fine mesh strainer to remove the milk deposit bits, add some powdered sugar, and a dash of salt. That is the most amazing cake glaze is made ladies and gentlemen. This Brown Butter Glaze can be used for this pumpkin cake recipe or several of my other Pumpkin Recipes on my blog.
If you have gone to the Pumpkin Patches, rode all of the Hayrides, took the kids Trick or Treating, and you still aren’t in the holiday spirit, this Moist Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Glaze will definitely get you in the Fall spirit for sure!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
- 2 ½ c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground cloves
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ½ c. powder sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the oil and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time and mix after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and ginger whisk together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until smooth. Pour into the bundt cake pan and bake on the middle rack for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes and flip onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt the stick of butter and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes until the butter has turned into an amber brown color. Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Set aside the butter and allow to completely cool but not congeal back to its solid state.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooled butter with the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and pour on top of the cake. Allow the glaze to set and serve.