This post was sponsored by Silver Spring Foods. All thoughts and recipe are my own.
This Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza could be made as an awesome appetizer or dinner with the family. It is topped with steak, mushroom, Gruyere Cheese, drizzled with an easy Cream Style Horseradish
Let’s talk about entertaining.
Well, it’s hard. Right? Wrong!
Entertaining is only difficult when you don’t have a plan or the right recipes that will wow your guests. I’m guessing that is why you are browsing through my blog. You are trying to find the perfect recipes that will fill your tummies and make your guests rant and rave about your event. Well, say no more! That is why I am here. I love creating easy recipes that don’t cost much, doesn’t take a lot of time, and that is versatile. Meaning, you can create your own twist and style to whatever I put in front of you.
When it comes to baked goods, there really isn’t a lot of room for creativity in the recipe. You kind of have to stick to the script when it comes to making cookies, cakes, and pies. However, when it comes to entrees and appetizers like this Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza, you can take away and add different elements you want to see, to make the recipe your own. Not only that, I love it when there is a recipe that can go for either an appetizer or main course.
How I made this Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza:
This pizza recipe is, honestly, quite simple. You take some flatbread pizza crust. It is best to use one large flatbread pizza crust, but the one I purchased came two medium-sized crust in a pack. I bet if I put them together, it would come out to one large pizza crust. Sprinkle a little Gruyere cheese on top of the crust, layer with cooked steak, mushrooms, green onion, more Gruyere cheese, and, once finished, a drizzle of Cream Style Horseradish. I’ll tell you, this recipe is everything!
Now, let’s talk about Horseradish. I know Horseradish isn’t one of those “typical” pizza toppings. However, we have to appreciate horseradish for what it is, which is necessary. We owe this revelation to Silver Spring Foods, which is a family-owned and the largest grower of horseradish, and their line of horseradish products.
When it comes to this Steak and Mushroom Flatbread, your football-loving friends and family will love this as its perfect for any tailgating occasion. Also, if you slice the pizza into small squares, it is perfect for holiday parties and a great appetizer! Try Silver Spring Horseradish today for this Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza. You can love their horseradish sauces on items like your Roast Beef Sandwiches and/or your Prime Rib. Yes, horseradish is perfect for beef, but will taste good on anything that will taste good to you!
Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Enjoy this Steak and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza that can be served as an appetizer or a main entree. This pizza is topped with steak, mushrooms, Gruyere Cheese, and a creamy horseradish sauce!
- 1 large flatbread pizza crust
- 1 ½ c. Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 14 oz. shaved beef
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ c. green onion, sliced
- Topping: French fried crispy onions
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2. Tbsp. Silver Spring Foods Cream Style Horseradish
- 2 tsp. White vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Place flatbread pizza crust on large baking sheet or pizza pan. Set aside.
- Using a medium skillet and turn onto medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shaved beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook just until the beef has turned brown, 5-7 minutes. It will cook more in the oven. Place the beef on a plate and set aside. Using the same pan, cook the mushrooms about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup of Gruyere cheese on top of the flatbread crust. Sprinkle the cooked beef evenly across the flatbread crust along with the mushrooms, and sprinkle about a ⅓ cup of the green onions on top and the remaining cheese. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining green onion.
- While the pizza is baking, add the sour cream, Horseradish, vinegar, and season with salt to taste and mix. Drizzle the horseradish cream on top of the pizza as desired. Finally, sprinkle crispy onions on top of the pizza and serve.
- Note: I put the horseradish cream in a sandwich bag and cut a small tip at the end and drizzled the cream across the pizza that way.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Leave a Reply