I haven’t made cupcakes in such a long time!
This White & Black Cupcake Recipe brings two flavors of chocolate together in perfect harmony.
When I started my first blog, Tickle My Fancy, I used blogging as my personal journal. I would write a lot about my thoughts on the topics of love, dating, and spirituality. My first food blog post was about Green Tea Cupcakes. I had a potluck at work and I wanted to make something different so I decided to make cupcakes. Not only cupcakes but Green Tea Cupcakes. I was so impressed with the recipe that I started baking all the time just because. I posted the Green Tea Cupcakes on my blog just because I was so proud of what I’ve created. However, as I continued baking and posting more of the cupcake recipes (they were mostly adapted) I decided that it may be a good idea for me to create a new blog that just focused on food. This was before I knew that food blogging was a thing. So, I created a new blog and that is how “Brown Sugar” was born. I’ve kind of gotten away with making cupcakes because I wanted to venture into other types of dishes that would take me out of my comfort zone. So when there inside of me came to make cupcakes as simple as these, I had to give into the temptation.
These are White Chocolate Cupcakes and Milk Chocolate Frosting. So, there are two types of chocolates going on in this one major mini-cake. Not only are these cupcakes super easy to make, but there is something about them that is kind of comforting. I don’t know about you but I love white or yellow cakes with chocolate frostings. I can’t explain it but when I think about the combination I think of living in a big country house and having a Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting prepared just in case I have guests coming over. I would love to have this cake in the house where people can just grab a slice when they come over. The best kind of sweet treat is the kind that you don’t expect when you are going to visit someone. To make it clear to you how much I love these cupcakes, let me just tell you that I’ve made them twice already and now I have a little bun in my oven that I can say has helped me enjoy them. We hope you enjoy them as well.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ c. all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. buttermilk
- 5 oz. Baker's White Chocolate, melted
- 2½ c. milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- To make frosting:
- Place chopped chocolate in a mix bowl, and bring cream to a slight boil. Pour the cream over chocolate and slowly stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside, cover with plastic wrap, and the chocolate will begin to thicken. Once the chocolate thicken to a frosting consistency, that is when the ganache is ready to go on top of the cupcakes.
- To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Blend together the stick of butter and sugar. Add the egg and egg yolks one at a time, and vanilla extract. Scrap the side of the bowl periodically. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and mix. Slowly add the buttermilk and the meted white chocolate. Once the ingredients have come together use an ice cream scoop and scoop batter into individual muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool. Once the cupcakes has cooled, spread on the chocolate frosting as desired