This is an Easy Baked Beans Recipe that my Auntie Val makes every year! You will love them!
You are going to need an Easy Baked Beans Recipe for the summer and this recipe for baked beans is perfect!
A cookout isn’t a cookout if it doesn’t have a few side items for me such as Potato Salad, Macaroni and Cheese, Grippos Potato Chips, and Baked Beans. You are guaranteed to all of these items on my plate come cookout time. My family is notorious for throwing barbecues. Of course, there are the holidays such as 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Father’s Day. When it comes to my family we will throw a cookout just because it’s nice out. Everyone has to bring something to the table and the one side dish I look forward to every year is my Auntie Val’s Easy Baked Beans Recipe. Let me tell you how she makes these delicious easy baked beans.
When I decided to make these baked beans, I took what I knew she added to her baked beans but added my flavor to them. I added some garlic, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and a touch of molasses. All of these seasonings and spices mixed with my Auntie Valerie’s Easy Baked Beans Recipe makes for some of the best-baked beans anyone has ever tasted. GUARANTEED!
You might be wondering, why the ground beef ( I get that a lot)? To be honest, I don’t know where she got that from, but I sure am glad she got it from somewhere. I think the next time I make these baked beans I am going to split the ground meat down the middle to have half ground sausage and half ground beef. As you are making this dish, I am sure people are going to look at you like you’re crazy. I remember the first time I saw her baked beans at an outdoor cookout our family was having and I made a face that I am sure offended her if she saw it. However, when I tasted those baked beans, baby, I was amazed! This dish gave me that same feeling as her Cornbread Stuffing recipe. They are just that darn good to me.
- 2-1 lb. can baked beans
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ⅓ c. yellow onions, diced
- ⅓ c. green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Molasses
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and green bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the onion and pepper mixture and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until browned and mix into the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Pour the canned baked beans into an 8X11 casserole dish. Add the ground beef mixture and stir until well mixed. Add the onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, and molasses and stir. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.