“Put yo- Chocolate Bark- up- to the- MOON!”
If you need a quick treat to make that is perfect for Christmas, this Chocolate Bark with Caramel and Pecans will do the trick.
In case you wanted to know where the first line of this blog post came from the I’ll take it that you don’t listen to the radio or live under a rock somewhere. That is okay. I took that syntax from the new hit song “24K” by Bruno Mars, who is my favorite male singer if you didn’t know. I am listening to his album while I am trying to figure out what to say to you guys. It’s a dope album if you haven’t heard as yet. I highly recommend it. Okay…
I know that Christmas time is a holiday that we all use to justify the copious amounts of sugar we all digest ( I know I do). I guess it makes sense why 1 week later we all detox and practically starve ourselves due to the many guilt indulgences that we are now enjoying. I am definitely right there with you guys. In fact, I told my husband yesterday that I am baking every ingredient in our house that is “bakable” before the New Year because I don’t want the temptation. I will be one of those beginning of the New Year healthy and work out crazed people. Not because it’s the New Year though, but because I just had a baby and the beginning of the New Year is when I will be cleared to begin working out again. So, until then I have eaten what I want since my son has been born. I only gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy thanks to the gifted and cursed diet I was put on due to having gestational diabetes. I am sure you can just about imagine the time I am making up due to that condition. Oh trust me, I will be sharing with you guys my experience of having gestational diabetes pretty soon. A word…HORRIBLE!
In any case, I think with everything people endure throughout the year and the crazy weight loss and healthy goals that many of us subject ourselves to, why not end the year with a little sugar and what better way to have sugar than to have chocolate!
“Throw some perm on your attitude…because you got to relax!” Sorry. I am still listening to Bruno Mars over here.
This Chocolate Bark recipe with Caramel and Pecans is not only easy to make but it is also easy to eat. What I mean is it’s addicting. I love this Chocolate Bark because I made it the way I wanted to eat it. I added some caramel, some pecans, some pretzels, and a bit of toffee pieces I had left over and went-to-town I tell ya! That is one of the best things about any Chocolate Bark recipe and that is you can add whatever the hell you want! If you don’t like any of my toppings, that’s fine! Use whatever you want. Try dried fruit, other types of nuts, or maybe crushed candies like Peppermint Candy Canes if you want. I don’t really care, just enjoy yourself, enjoy Bruno Mars, enjoy this Chocolate Bark, and enjoy your holiday season!
- 2 lb. Chocolate Candy Coating
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- 1 ½ c. Thin Pretzels, broken
- 1 lb. Caramel bits
- 2 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 1 c. toffee pieces
- Line a 9X13 baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Place 1 lb. of the Chocolate Candy Coating in the microwave to melt, about a minute and a half. Check every minute and stir. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the parchment paper or mat and spread out evenly. While wet, sprinkle with pecan pieces and pretzels. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the caramel pieces and heavy cream and begin to melt checking every minute and stirring.This should also only take about 1 ½ minutes to melt. Once melted, drizzle over the pecans and pretzels. Reserve about 2 tbsp of the caramel to drizzle on top of the entire bark.
- Heat the second pound of chocolate candy coating the same way as before and pour on top of the caramel, pretzels, and pecans. Use a rubber spatula to even the chocolate. Finally, drizzle with remaining caramel (if any) and sprinkle with toffee pieces. Place in the refrigerator to allow to set and harden, about 15 minutes, and cut into desired shapes.