There are two things I love when it comes to making desserts; chocolate and easy. When I want something sweet to eat, I need something that doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, especially ingredients that I will never use again, and something that doesn’t have a lot o f steps. Just like this Crockpot Hot Fudge Cake. All you have to do, is add all of the ingredients in your crockpot and it will do the rest.
I came across the idea of making a hot fudge cake in a crock pot when I saw it done on television. My first reaction went something like this, “HECKY NAW!!!” There are a lot of things you can make in a crock pot now of days, you know? You can make bread, apple butter, lasagna, and even caramel. So it shouldn’t be a surprise to me that you can make a cake in a crock pot, but for some reason it is. I decided to give it a shot and it is as easy as it seems. All you do is layer the ingredients, turn on your crock pot and let it cook for about 2 hours. How easy is that? The cake is super rich, chocolatey, and very moist. I am sure you are going to love it. Especially if you like chocolate and easy recipes like I do.
- • 1-¾ cup Brown Sugar, Divided
- • 1 cup Flour
- • 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Divided
- • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- • ½ teaspoons Salt
- • ½ cups Milk
- • 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- • ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- • 1-½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- • 1-¾ cup Boiling Water
- • 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder (optional)
- Turn your 3-quart crockpot on high. Coat the inside of the crock with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In another small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in the boiling water. Pour the hot water mixture over the batter but do not stir it in with the already made cake mix. The water is supposed to sit on top of the cake batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream and hot fudge.