Look at that ooey gooey monkey bread. Doesn’t it look delicious? You know, I never had monkey bread until I decided to make this dish. I never understood the concept. Why do they call monkey bread, monkey bread? After I saw the result of the dish, I kind of figure it out. Here me out. They call it monkey bread because the dish looks like monkey brains. KNOWLEDGE! Yep, I thought of that all on my own. I know, I know! I’m a genius. But seriously, that is what I think. What other reason could there be?
Back to the bread, this 7 ingredient dish is super easy and crazy good. It perfect to make for a brunch or breakfast party. The one thing you have to remember is to try it warm. I don’t know if you will get the same feel if you ate it cold. As a matter of fact, when do you ever get the full effect of any type of bread when you eat it cold? Monkey Bread is awesome! The best thing about the dish, is that people can just pull them apart! How great it is to be made with apples. It is perfect for the fall. I dare you to make it!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- ½ cups White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 4 cans (8 Oz. Size) Refrigerated Biscuits, Quartered
- 2 whole Apples, Diced
- ¾ cups Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- ½ cups Chopped Nuts, For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare an angel food cake or bundt pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large sandwich bag, add the white sugar, cinnamon, biscuit pieces, apples, and shake the bag.
- Layer biscuit pieces and diced apples in the pan. The biscuit pieces should be touching one another. Layer until all apple and biscuit pieces are layered around the pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir until it begins to boil. Once it becomes bubbly, remove from heat and pour over the bread and apples. Sprinkle the nut topping over the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and take a plate and flip pan upside down. Serve warm!
Leave a Reply