You want to know something?
Whenever someone asks me to go over their house for a get-together I usually make a dessert. But it never dawned on me to make ice cream sandwiches. Last week when I went to my friends Sarah’s birthday party I was struggling to find the right dish to take over to her house. I began flipping through a few of the several cookbooks I have and nothing really “shook my tail feathers” (yes I just said that). I brought out my huge Bon Appetit Dessert Cookbook to get inspired. Then, that is when I found it, or maybe it found me. I found an easy, no bake, Smore’s ice cream sandwich recipe. I thought it would be perfect for the summer and I really didn’t feel like baking anything and washing a lot of dishes. They were a huge hit and gone within minutes. I totally recommend shaking things up and making ice cream sandwiches for your next get-together. I mean, it’s the summer time so it only makes sense.
- 1 pint rocky road ice cream
- ½ c. (about) marshmallow creme
- 8 whole graham cracker rectangles, broken in half squares
- 12 oz. bittersweet or semis sweet chocolate, chopped
- Line a small rimmed baking sheer with parchment paper. Softened the ice cream just until spreadable but still firm. Spread 1 tablespoon (about) marshmallow creme over each of 8 graham cracker squares. Working quickly, spread ice cream atom remaining 8 graham cracker squares. Place marshmallow-coated crackers atop ice cream, marshmallow side down, forming sandwiches; pressing gently to adhere and smooth sides with the back of a butter knife. Set sandwiches on a prepared baking sheet and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
- Stir chocolate in a small metal bowl and set over a small saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth and just warm to the touch. Remove bowl from water. Working quickly, dip 1 sandwich halfway into melted chocolate. Return sandwich to same parchment paper- lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the sandwiches. Immediately return to the freezer for 30 minutes. If the chocolate has set, return back to the simmer pot of water. If you wish, dip the other half of the sandwiches in the chocolate return back to the parchment lined paper and freezing for, at least an hour, until ready to serve.
- * Can be made 2 days ahead wrapped in plastic wrap