When you see beauty like this, how can anyone think that Easy Grilled Pork Chops is bad for you?!
These are super Easy Grilled Pork Chops for the summer! Just top off with a Herb Butter.
You know, there are a lot of reports and research that can prove that just about anything in this world is bad for us and/ or will give us cancer. Heck, the air we breathe can make us croak over and I am sure there is some sort of report or research that can prove it. Yes, I consider myself to live a moderate lifestyle and I do enjoy reading some of the reports about new research that affects our health, but I am not the type of person who gets scared about everything they read and eliminates food products that have specific ingredients. There is nothing wrong with being aware of what you bring into your households, but I know that I am not going to read every single ingredient on everything I purchase. I bring this up because I know there are a lot of opinions and information about how pork isn’t good for us. However, I don’t really believe it. Now sure if you eat a pound of bacon a day, you are sure to experience some uncomfortable health issues. However, leans cuts of pork like these Easy Grilled Pork Chops are great for any well balanced healthy diet.
Here are a few facts about pork that you may or may not be aware of:
- Pork has high protein content (around 20%)
- Pork is loaded with Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12
- Pork is full of iron and mineral (great for people with anemia like me)
Lean cuts of pork have everything that we need to be healthy and to even burn fat!
Now I appreciate all eating lifestyles from vegan to raw, to Paleo, and vegetarian. However, I mostly believe that us homo-sapiens just need to have a clean and well-balanced diet that is full of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. To show you all how much I appreciate pork, I am giving away an awesome prize pack. This is probably the best giveaway I ever had on my blog. What is even better, are these Easy Grilled Pork Chop recipes for you to make and share with your family.
- 4-3 oz. Lean Pork Chops
- Non-Stick Olive Oil Spray
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp. oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. basil leaves
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. rosemary leaves
- pinch of salt
- Prepare your grill accordingly
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook on both sides for 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, set aside and cover with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the unsalted butter, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, rosemary, and pinch of salt with a spoon. PLace in refrigerator.
- Once pork chops or grilled and while still warm, spread about 2 tsp of herb butter on top for flavor!