Don’t these look like golden bricks of goodness?
I have something honest to tell you. Sometimes, as a food blogger, I struggle with what recipes I share. The reason this is a struggle for me is because, honestly, most of the things I create that I want to share with the world is really easy stuff and I feel that because I am a food blogger that my recipe should come with a certain level of difficulty. Every now and then I may gauge in something that requires a bit more time and effort. For the most part, I try to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). When a person creates a recipe from scratch or simply share something that has been given to them, it can be daunting to share on a large platform like a blog because, even though, us bloggers love what we create and can’t wait to share it with all of you there is this glimmer of uncertainty that you will actually like our developments. I am saying all of that to say that this recipe was something I came up with out of the air and it is gosh darn “stupid easy” that due to how easy it is, I worry that someone will find something wrong with it. Isn’t that crazy? Let’s get to it.
This is nothing but one big ole double cookie bar. I made this with sugar cookie mix I had and some Golden Oreo’s I bought over the weekend. First, let me take a pause for the cause. Have you had those Golden Oreos!!!!! O-M-freaking-G! They are better than the original. They are freaking awesome and amazing all at the same darn time. So when I joined them with sugar cookie mix to make some sort of bar, baby let me tell you something…actually I can’t because my mouth is full with one right now.
I was worried about how they may come out to be honest with you. It was a huge risk, but a risk worth taking. I didn’t know if it would harden like a cookie or come out as soft as a blondie or dessert bar. Let me tell you, they came out like a sugar cookie bar that was soft, buttery, and simply awesome. All it needed was some ice cream and it would’ve been perfect. These are really easy. All you need is a couple of bags of Sugar Cookie Mix, white chocolate chips, the ingredients to go along with it, and a bag of Golden Oreo’s and you will have yourself a golden good time!Print
Golden Oreo Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 bags of 1lb. Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1–13.5 oz. bag of Mega Stuffed Golden Oreos, crushed
- NOTE: If you want the bars as thick as mine, use a 9X9 square pan and if you want them a little thinner, use a 9X13 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Take a large bowl and pour in 1 full bag and a half bag of Sugar cookie mix. Use your hands to mix the butter and the eggs. Once the ingredients are well mixed, scrap off your hands with any excess sugar cookie mix and rinse your hands.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the crushed Oreo’s and white chocolate chips until well distributed throughout the cookie dough mix. Spray your desired pan with baking spray and turn the cookie dough batter onto the pan. Use your hands to press into the pan. If you are using a 9X9 square pan, bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden. If you are using a 9X13 rectangular dish bake for 15-20 minutes. You want the cookie dough to be a little unset in the middle before you take them out so they can be soft and slightly gooey as a dessert bar. Allow the cookie bar to completely cool before serving.
Leave a Reply