These Greek Turkey Meatballs are full of flavor and hardly bland. They are made with feta cheese, spinach, and seasoned with simple seasonings and herbs.
I don’t even want to think about what I’ve done to my body over the holidays. Since October I feel it has been non-stop parties, Pumpkin Patch Festivals, Trick-or-Treat events, holiday parties, holiday dinners, and Christmas Cookie Exchanges to last me a lifetime! I am actually tired of eating unhealthy. I need a system reboot! I need to do clean eating cleanse! This will require me to create some simple healthy dishes that I have for dinner or make as a Meal Prep dish for work. Because of those needs, that is why this Greek Turkey Meatballs Recipe is so perfect.
When it comes to this Greek Turkey Meatballs recipe, I added
- Chopped spinach
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Zest
- Salt and pepper, to name a few.
Talk about adding some love.
I wanted to stay as close to Greek flavors as much as possible. I am fascinated and so in love with Greek/ Mediterranean food, it’s ridiculous! So I have a great appreciation for the country’s taste buds.
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 c, panko breadcrumbs (or regular)
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- ½ tbsp. Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tbsp. Lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ c red onion, finely chopped
- ⅔ c. chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- ½ c. Feta Cheese crumbles
- ½ c. flour
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, panko bread crumbs, and egg and mix together until well blended. Next, add the mint, dried oregano, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, lemon zest, grated garlic cloves, red onion, chopped spinach, and Feta Cheese and use your hands to mix in with the ground turkey mixture until well mixed and evenly distributed about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop about 1-1 ½ inch wide and scoop the batter to make meatballs. Roll into a smooth meatball shape with your hands and set on a plate. Heat a large cooking skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, take a meatball and roll into flour just to get coated, shake off excess, and place in the pan. Continue this process until you have filled the pan with enough meatballs. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the meatball onto the lined baking sheet keeping them about ½ inch apart.
- Once the meatballs are cooked on each side, place in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool and serve as desired.
- Note: A great condiment to these meatballs is Tzatziki Sauce. For a simple recipe, check it out on this blog post.