It’s beginning to look a lot like a White Chocolate and Peppermint Sheet Cake! This sheet cake is swirled with flavors of peppermint and topped off with a which chocolate ganache frosting.
I will be the first to say it, I am not a fan of white chocolate or mint flavor baked goods. I know, it’s crazy! Lately, all you have been hearing from me is how I am not a fan of this or that. I’m not a fan of eggnog now white chocolate. Let me clarify what I mean. There are some ingredients that I am not a fan of alone in its natural flavor profile. But, if it can be doctored up or combined with another flavor, I could learn to love it! That is an excellent segway to how white chocolate combined with mint just works!
Let’s talk about Amoretti
Recently I have discovered a new secret ingredient that is sure to take everything I bake to another level. Since the fall baking season began, I’ve been using enhanced flavorings by Amoretti. Amoretti has a full catalog of natural flavors that you can use in cake mixes and other baked goods that will take the flavor to another level, which is exactly what I did in this White Chocolate and peppermint Sheet Cake.
If you are an avid baker, like me, you will appreciate Amoretti. This brand has many flavors, syrups, and other baked goods necessities. You can make anything taste like anything! You can even buy a simple cake mix and add a special flavor and completely change the game! Around this time of year when you are baking your little hearts out, you should definitely explore this brand and what it has to offer. You never know, you what creations you will be able to come up with this holiday season.
Start your holiday baking journey with this White Chocolate and Peppermint Sheet Cake. This cake is topped off with a delectable white chocolate ganache frosting that is to die for!
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ c. white sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Amoretti Vanilla Flavor
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- ½ c. vanilla pudding
- ¼ tsp. Peppermint extract
- 24 oz. white chocolate
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: crushed peppermint candy and white chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with baking spray and set aside.
- Heat cream in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 ½ minute. Pour the steam cream over the white chocolate. Stir slowly until smooth. Allow to sit out at room temperature for about an hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the stick of butter. Blend well. Add the eggs and combine well. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Interchange the dry ingredients with the buttermilk. Mix until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the side of the bowl and mix.
- Mix in the pudding and the Amoretti Vanilla flavor. Once there are no more streaks the cake batter is smooth, stop mixing. Set aside 1 cup of the cake better.
- Pour the remaining cake batter in the cake pan. Take the remainder of the cake better and add the peppermint extract and 4 drops of red gel food coloring. Mix well. Add dollops of the cake batter across the batter and swirl using a toothpick or knife. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Spread the white chocolate frosting over the cake. Garnish with crushed peppermints and white chocolate shavings.