These Oreo Brookies is a delicious taste of chocolate on more than one level.
It is the beauty of cocoa and all things sugar.
It is the queen of all brownie related desserts.
It is the prototype of all chocolaty goodness.
It is what you want to try.
it is what you want to buy.
Words have not been created to describe the greatness of this masterpiece.
It is greatness from the kitchen.
It defies all laws of pastry.
It is orgasmic.
It is epic.
Ha ha, just kidding, but not really. Earlier this year I came up with a wonderful idea of a “brookie” where it consists of chocolate chip cookie crust and brownie on top. In fact, it was the Chocolate Turtle Brookie. This time, I took the same concept and added Oreo’s in the middle of it and how mighty wonderful a concept it is. What you see in the picture is a bottom layer of chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie, Oreo’s, and more brownie. Of course I had top it off with whipped cream, hot fudge and crushed Oreo’s, which I recommend trying by the way. Making, Oreo Brookies! Oh! The crunch of the Oreo’s and how it melts into the chocolateyness of the brookie. The wonder! The satisfaction! It is just gosh darn good. If you are a brownie person and you want something new to try, Give this recipe a shot. I B.S. you not, you will hunt me down, grab me, kiss me, and tell me how much you love me once you have made this wonderful creation.
Serve with Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. Its the only way.Print
- • FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH CRUST:
- • 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- • 1 cup Brown Sugar
- • 1 cup White Sugar
- • 2 whole Large Eggs, Beaten
- • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- • 1 teaspoon Chocolate Extract (optional)
- • 2-¼ cups Flour
- • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- • 1 teaspoon Salt
- • ½ cups Cocoa Powder
- • 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- • FOR THE BROWNIES:
- • 1 stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- • ¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- • 1-½ cup Sugar
- • 4 whole Large Eggs
- • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- • ¾ cups Flour
- • ½ teaspoons Salt
- • 8 ounces, weight Bittersweet Chocolate, Melted
- • 12 whole Oreo Cookies Or Another Cookie Equivalent
- For the cookie dough: Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy and well blended. Then, add the beaten eggs and blend well. Then blend in the extract(s). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all of your dry ingredients (flour through cocoa powder) and then slowly add the flour mixture into your butter and sugar mixture. Mix well. Add your chocolate chips and stir them in with a spoon.
- Take a greased 12X9-inch pan and place the cookie dough at the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven and allow the crust to cool completely.
- For the brownies:
- Turn heat down to 350 F: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs (add them one at a time while continuing to mix), vanilla extract, flour and salt. Once the ingredients are well mixed together, add the melted chocolate and blend.
- Pour half of the brownie mix on top of the cookie crust and use a rubber spatula to spread it evenly across the top of the crust. Take each Oreo cookie, one at a time, and press into the brownie batter. Take the remaining half of the brownie batter and spread it evenly across the top of the Oreos. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Leave a Reply