PLAY THIS SONG WHILE READING THIS BLOG
And make these Strawberry Shots filled with vodka!
Is the song playing now? Good! You hear that mood music? You already know where I am going with this blog entry. Can’t you just see it? A romantic evening for you and your “boo”. You made a wonderful dinner for two that was complete with spaghetti and meatballs, rich buttery and garlic cheese bread, salad with arugula and spinach, and apple tostadas with vanilla bean ice cream (Man I want to go to Maggiano’s Little Italy now).
You guide your mate over to the couch and pour them a glass of bubbly deliciousness. You talk, laugh, share stories, and really begin to enjoy each other’s company. Within those moments of endearment you look at that person and think, “I really like him/her”. If you are a guy, you tuck a piece of hair behind her ear and begin to caress her face towards the peak of her chin while sweetly gazing into her eyes. If you are a lady, you place your hand on his knee and give him that “kiss me now or never” stare and continue to look intently into his eyes. You move closer, and closer, and closer, and then suddenly you stop! You realize that left out the most important romantic element of the evening. So you head toward the refrigerator and pull out your Strawberry Shots. You begin to fill them with sweet Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka and carefully walk back over to your date. As you present them, you see your date’s facial expression. At first they look confused, then curious, and then impressed. You offer to feed them one and as you begin to feed them the strawberry you can see how delighted they are by such a simple creation. The next thing you know the tray is empty, your still listening to a soothing blend of jazz and Teddy Pendergrass, and you both are browsing Brown Sugar’s blog for easy meal ideas that you both can create together. Now you have another date.
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries (the Bigger The Better)
- 6 ounces, weight Semi-Sweet Chocolate Melted
- 8 ounces, fluid Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka
- Rinse the strawberries and turn them onto a paper towel placed in a bowl.
- Cut the peak of the strawberry where it can stand on its bottom.
- Cut the top of the berry where the stem is and then with a spoon, scoop the pit out. Don’t scoop too much because your strawberries will be too thin.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, checking every 30 seconds and stir with a spoon. Before you start dipping the berries, prepare a small baking sheet and line it with wax or parchment paper. Begin to dip the bottom portion of the strawberry and place them on the parchment paper. Once all strawberries are dipped in chocolate, place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take the berries out of the freezer and fill them with a little bit of the vodka.
Leave a Reply