I know that you are loving to hate me right now.
“Who comes up with this stuff, Nicole?”
Well, this idea actually isn’t even my fault. Blame it on co-host Carla Hall that is on The Chew.
Every chance I get, at 1pm Eastern Standard Time, I like to watch “The Chew”. The hosts on the show are some of favorite people, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Daphne Oz, Mario Batali, and Clinton Kelly. I love to see the recipes they come up with and the reconstruction of other old-time favorite classic dishes. I have no particular favorite host. I love them all for different reasons. But, my homegirl Carla “be making some sexy dishes yo” ( I promise I don’t talk like that). Not only that, they are super easy to follow! I don’t know about you, I get easily intimated by real chefs and their recipes.Usually the recipes requires some ingredients that I never heard of and never used, you have to use some sort of cooking method that you need to take a class for, and the dishes are pretty expensive. That is why I love food bloggers! Anyway, Carla’s recipes are pretty easy to follow and the ingredients are pretty normal. Well one sweet day, I was watching this show and I saw Carla make these gorgeous ice cream sandwiches that she refers to as “Brownie Ice Cream Dippers”.
You have to make these before the summer is over. Or heck, you can make these when you want to. They are perfect all year round. If you are still here reading this post and not writing down the ingredients to make this wish come true, then something is wrong with your eyes or taste buds. Either way, go get checked out immediately!
- 8 oz. butter
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. flour
- 1.5 qt oval shaped ice cream container, flavor of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Grease a half sheet pan with butter and line with parchment paper (the one I used was about 10X14) and grease with more butter.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or place on top of a pot on the stove that is boiling with water. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and then add the flour. Stir until combined. Spread the brownie mixture evenly on the the prepared half baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and can come out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Remove brownies from pan and remove the parchment paper. Cut the brownies into 1½ inch by 4 inch pieces. What I did was cut the brownie in half across the entire sheet of brownies and then I cut them long ways into the desired size I wanted.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer super cold. Use scissors to trim away the edges of the carton. You must move quickly, Cut the ice cream into rectangles with a sharp knife to fit the size of the cut out brownies. Make a sandwich with the two pieces. Place on a sheet tray return them to the freezer until ready to serve and serve with desired sauces.