You can have a taste of Birthday Cake in this very simple recipe for Birthday Cake Biscotti. Make this biscotti recipe festive with beautiful sprinkles.
What is about sprinkles that just makes you happy? Am I the only one who feels this way? They are colorful and you just can’t help but smile when you see them. Especially on cakes or cupcakes. But why not biscotti? I love Biscotti. They are one of my favorite cookie treats to eat for breakfast. In fact, biscotti is the perfect treat to have an excuse to have cookies for breakfast!
I know a lot of people doesn’t understand biscotti and I get it. It’s hard, its long (that’s what she said :-)), and you don’t really see them that often. I know some people who consider biscotti to be fancy. That couldn’t be far from the truth. Biscotti is one of the most frugal and inexpensive treats anyone could make. You can make biscotti using just about any flavor profile. In fact, on my blog, I have a Caramel Biscotti Biscotti recipe and a Chocolate and Almond Biscotti recipe that you can take a look at. Both of these recipes have common and affordable ingredients and are downright delicious.
Making this biscotti is quite simple. You simply mix your dry ingredients together like your flour, salt, baking powder, or whatever and set it aside. What makes this Birthday Cake Biscotti so amazing is the butter. You cream that butter and add the sugar and eggs and start to add the dry ingredients together. Of course, the most important ingredient, add the SPRINKLES!
Recipe partially adapted from Molly YehPrint
Birthday Cake Biscotti (Funfetti)
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- 3 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ c. rainbow sprinkles, more for topping
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a baking sheet with baking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and add sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are mix into the batter and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Once mixed, fold in the sprinkles.
- Divide the dough into two parts and form them into a long rectangles making sure they are about 3 inches apart from one another. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Decrease heat to 250 degrees.
- Use a serrated knife and slice the biscotti into 1-inch pieces. Place them back on the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for an additional 20 minutes allowing the biscotti to become crisp. Allow to cool and transfer to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl. Once the biscotti is cooled, dip the tops into the glaze, turn back to the cooling rack and immediately sprinkle with additional sprinkles then allow to set.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply