Apricots preserves are the perfect complement to chipotle chiles in this sweet and spicy chicken dish.
- 8 Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tbsp. Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Seasoned Salt or BBQ Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 c. Mayo
- 11 oz. Apricot Preserves
- 2 Chipotle Adobe Peppers + 2 tbsp. Chipotle Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Place chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the seasonings and spices (kosher salt, black pepper, seasoned/ BBQ salt, onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika, Italian Seasoning, and Cayenne pepper). Use your hands and rub the Seasoning over the chicken thighs.
- Add the lemon juice and mayo, and use your hands to coat the chicken thighs with the mixture. Set the chicken thighs out at room temperature uncovered for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the ingredients to the glaze (apricot preserves, chipotle peppers and sauce, garlic cloves, white wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt), whisk, and turn on medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the charcoal grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Of course, you can use a gas grill if you prefer.
- Spray the grill rack with non-stick spray, and when the grill is ready, place the chicken thighs on the grill starting with skin side up and grill on both sides for 7 minutes. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 Degrees internally.
- As you are grilling the chicken and you become closer to remove from the grill, brush on both sides with the glaze. When you have about 2-3 minutes, the ice will caramelize. Remove and place on a baking rack or serving tray. Brush the chicken thighs on both sides and cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 miutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apricot chicken thigh recipes, chicken thighs with apricot glaze, grilled chicken thighs recipe, grilled chicken thighs oven, grilled chicken thighs bone in, grilled bone in chicken thighs recipe, grilled chicken with apricot glaze, apricot glazed chicken thighs, chicken thighs with apricot jam,