- 1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- pinch of salt
- 4– 3.25 oz. Toberlone chocolate bars or 4–4.25 oz Symphony Chocolate Toffee Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees: Line a 9X13 rectangular square sheet or pan with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add flour and salt and mix to make stiff dough that may not hold together. It may still look very crumbly but that is okay.
- Pat the dough in your prepared square sheet or pan to spread across the entire pan. Try to make the dough as even as possible. Bake until lightly golden 20-25 minutes. Sprinkled the chopped chocolate onto the shortbread and let stand for about 5 to 10 minutes so the chocolate completely melts.
- Spread the chocolate around trying to reach every inch of the shortbread. Cut the shortbread into squares and then place in the fridge until the chocolate sets.