This wouldn’t be a food blog without a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
I have really tried to ignore making Chocolate Chip Cookies and posting them on my blog. Simply because I feel that the world has enough variations of Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes and I think you can do without another. However, when I came across the idea of making Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, I had to make them and report back to you guys my thoughts.
Now we have all had homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies, I hope, and we all like our Chocolate Chip Cookies different ways. Some of us like them flat and crisp; some like the fluffy and soft; and some, like me, like them buttery, soft and crisp around the edges. Depending how you like them, the recipes are different even if it very subtle. I was curious about how adding pudding mix to a recipe would make the cookies taste different.
I really love how the vanilla pudding mix gives the cookies more flavor. They aren’t “vanilla-ey” but you can taste the flavor of them. The best part of this cookie is how soft they are and stay! You know when you go to the grocery tore to buy soft chocolate chip cookies and they are soft when you buy them down to the last cookie? That is how these are. The best and odd part of this recipe for me was the cookie dough. I am not a cookie dough fan. My mom scared me when I was younger when she caught me eating cookie dough and told me I could die from eating it because of the raw eggs. Ever since, I don’t touch the stuff. Anyway, the cookie dough of this recipe is awesome! I could eat this cookie dough and die happy.
Anyway, I really like this recipe. I think this may be my go-to Chocolate Chip Recipe from this point on. I love the flavor and how soft theses cookies are. I highly recommend you give these a shot. I am confident that you will be surprised like I was.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz). instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, flour, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, egg, and egg white. Gradually mix together the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Take about a tablespoon of cookie mix and place on the cookie sheet, spacing the cookies about an inch apart and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn to cooling racks to cool before serving.