This post is sponsored by the Ohio Poultry Association but all opinions are my own.
Combine your Thanksgiving leftovers into one delicious bite. Just mix together and coat in panko breadcrumbs for these delicious Leftover Thanksgiving Balls.
Throw together leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey with a few extra ingredient for the perfect leftover Thanksgiving bite in these Leftover Thanksgiving Balls.
There are many things I love about Thanksgiving.
I love gathering with family, I love the delicious food, and I love Black Friday. But there are a lot of things I don’t like about Thanksgiving like washing dishes, cleaning up after guest, and finding space in my refrigerator for all those damn leftovers that stay in my refrigerator for days. We try to eat as much food in our refrigerator and freezer weeks before Thanksgiving to get the refrigerator as bare as possible so we have no issues storing our leftovers. It never works, but we try. We also buy cheap plastic containers for any guests that we have so they have no excuse to not take food home. Somehow with all of these initiatives, we still end up with a ton of leftovers. This year, instead of throwing food away, I am going to take some of those leftovers, roll them into a ball, fry them up, and have them as a snack. This should help us get rid of more food. No wonder why my Leftover Thanksgiving Recipes are so popular!
These Leftover Thanksgiving Balls Recipe are made using leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and I added some green onion, fresh parsley, and cheese for flavor and fun. If that doesn’t excite you know that these balls are coated with panko bread crumbs that leaves a delicious crunchy exterior. The eggs are necessary because they help to bring all the ingredients together and stay together. You see, eggs are the glue to food harmony. Making these Leftover Thanksgiving Balls are super easy and take no time to put together. So with your overwhelming amount of leftovers, you have one of two options. You can throw away food or make the most out of the time and effort you put into making those mashed potatoes and stuffing and make these Leftover Thanksgiving Balls that will have you loving leftovers.
- 3 c. cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 ½ c. cooked stuffing
- 3 eggs.
- ¼ c. diced green onion
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 c. cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Red pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, eggs, green onion, sharp cheddar cheese, turkey black pepper, red pepper and garlic powder. Use your hands to combine all ingredients. Use a cookie scooper and make balls, roll into a round ball. Pour the panko breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 350 Degrees in a deep fryer. Coat the balls with panko crumbs. Fry for 5-7 minutes until the balls are golden brown. Use a mesh spoon strainer and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Sere while warm