Here is another easy dessert recipe that you will fall in love with this summer. This Pineapple Sheet Cake made with cake mix is a cinch to put together and topped with easy cream cheese whipped topping.
Okay, so you know by now I am all about making delicious food on a dime that is made using easily accessible and affordable ingredients. Well, this Pineapple Sheet Cake recipe is definitely in that category. In fact, it is so easy it’s made using yellow cake mix. During the summertime, I don’t enjoy spending a lot of time on my feet or in front of the stove. Especially with me being pregnant, currently (read about Alicia’s birth story). I definitely want something fast and quick but without compromising the flavor.
Since the beginning of the quarantine period, I’ve been making a lot of pantry recipes in hopes to inspire families to use what is in their homes to avoid going out as much. I guess you can say this Pineapple Sheet Cake recipe is considered a pantry dessert because I had a box of cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple in my cabinet. So random, right?! Well, I decided to take a risk and put the ingredients together and see what comes of it and to my surprise, this sheet cake recipe is one of my new favorite recipes on my blog.
Ingredients in this Pineapple Sheet Cake
The ingredients in this cake recipe are quite straightforward. They are:
- Crushed pineapple
- Box Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Whipping Cream
You will also need the ingredients to go along with the cake mix, of course, aside from that the recipe is pretty straightforward. This is a perfect and delicious summer dessert. You will enjoy each luscious bite one after the other without the painful sensation of roof burn.
How to Make the Cream Cheese Whipped Topping
What takes this cake to the next level is the topping. Typically, I am not a fan of whipped frostings but this one is different. I think it’s because of the cream cheese makes the whipped topping a little dense and not so fluffy. Also, the flavor of the cream cheese really comes through and makes a terrific flavor friend to the pineapple cake. You can also add chopped pecans and sweetened coconut flakes if you would like!
To make this pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting you simply need heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. All you are going to do is cream the cream cheese until it is smooth and slowly add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese, add the powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, and beat until stiff peaks occur. That’s it, that’s all!
Overall, this Pineapple Sheet Cake made with cake mix and cream cheese whipped topping is an awesome recipe. You will enjoy the chunks of pineapple in the cake and the moistness it brings. For more recipes made with cake mix, visit my blog post with a full round-up of cake mix recipes!
If you like recipes with pineapple, check out the recipes below!
Commonly Asked Questions
No. If you are feeling pretty ambitious, you do not have to use a can of crushed pineapple. You most certainly can grate fresh pineapple yourself. This could give the cake a stronger pineapple flavor.
I never keep any of my baked goods longer than seven days. I recommend the same amount of time as long as this cake is refrigerated.
Yes! If you are in a hurry or simply don’t feel like making this whipped topping, you can use whipped topping instead.
Pineapple Sheet Cake with Cake Mix
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 12–16 1x
Enjoy the Pineapple Sheet Cake with Cake Mix with a luscious and smooth whipped topping made with cream cheese!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. heavy whipped cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangular pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yellow cake mix, add the 3 eggs, vegetable oil, and the crushed pineapple and mix using a handheld mixer. Blend until smooth. Pour in the sprayed prepared pan and bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a separate large bowl, add the cream cheese and use a mixer to blend until creamy. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. On a slow speed, add 1/2 cup of the whipping cream to combine the cream and cream cheese together.
- Increase the speed to medium. Once you see the cream begin to firm, add the remaining 1 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and whip the cream on high speed until firm peaks form about 3 minutes. Once the peaks are firm stop the mixer
- Spread the whipped topping to the top of the cake, cut into squares, and serve.
Feel free to add chopped pecans and/or sweetened coconut flakes to the batter or on top of the cake with the frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple, pineapple sheet cake, sheet cake recipes, pineapples, cake mix, recipes with cake mix
Leave a Reply