I love it when I make desserts that are easy and doesn’t come from a box.
What makes life so sweet are the moments when your mind escapes you and all that seems to be in life is pure bliss. Things that normally matter doesn’t seem to matter at all. In fact, you are likely to look at those things that seem to matter as completely pointless to life. Your kids writing on your freshly painted walls; your husband/wife asking you what is for dinner; the email or voice mail you forgot to respond to before you left work; and that closet that you keep forgetting to clean out doesn’t seem to matter once you enjoy a spoonful of this Strawberry Crumble. All you want to do is put on a pair of Hanes, watch episodes recorded in your DVR, and take several naps throughout the day. Am I giving someone an idea? Good, because I sure am making a date with a hott sexy blogger named Me on my couch. HELLO!
Sometimes you just have to check-out on life. I am in that phase right now where I just need a mental-cation. You know what that is. It is when you wish you could place your brain on a charger and not think and get re-energized. Well, as much as I live for vacation I am currently in the process of planning a wedding that will take place in about a year. Sooooooo, I have to wait for my honeymoon for a quality vacation. Until then, I guess I will have to settle for mini weekend vacations and good food. Starting with this heavenly and extremely addictive Strawberry Crumble.
- For Crumble
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ c. roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ c. flour
- 2 lb. strawberries, halved
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, rolled oats,macadamia nuts, and melted butter. Stir until well combine. Add the flour and mix. spread the crumble on top of a baking sheet or parchment paper. Allow to sit and dry for 10-15 minutes
- In a separate large bowl, add the strawberries and toss with sugar. In a small ramekin, stir together the cornstarch and water and add to the bowl of strawberries and toss. Pour the strawberries into a baking dish and add the crumble on top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.