This is a paid sponsored post by Laura’s Lean All Natural Beef, although all opinions are my own.
Enjoying lean beef doesn’t mean you have to give up flavor. These Lean Beef Burgers with Kale Slaw are the perfect grilled burger for the summer season to perfection and topped with a coleslaw made with shredded cabbage, carrot, and finely chopped kale tossed in poppy seed dressing.
Lean beef has a reputation for being dry and lacking flavor. This couldn’t be more false, I ‘ll be honest, lean cuts of protein do not come packed with as much flavor as a fattier cut of protein, but that doesn’t mean the flavor isn’t there. It simply means you have to know how to cook the meat to perfect for the best flavor.
Then there is also what you put on it. One could argue that a burger is nothing without the toppings you put on it. The best toppings are more than just pickle, mustard, lettuce, and cheese. You have to get creative and add toppings that are good for the season or the occasion, which is why kale coleslaw is perfect for this burger and a bit unconventional.
This lean burger recipe is a perfect and delicious summer burger recipe that is made with Laura’s Natural Lean Beef. Laura’s Natural Lean Beef is made from cattle with a vegetarian diet and minimally processed without antibiotics and hormones. There are also different levels of lean percentage you can choose from. Laura’s Beef comes in the options of 85% grass-fed, 92% grass-fed, and 96% grass-fed. The higher the percentage, the leaner the beef.
How to make a juicy burger with lean ground beef?
In a word…love. In this burger recipe you are going to add a good amount of seasonings such as:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Seasoned Salt
To make these lean beef burgers juicy, you’re going to add a little bit of olive oil as well. Another key and important factor when cooking lean burgers is to not over mix the meat and to not cook on the grill too long. You typically want to aim for 4-5 minutes on each side and combine the ingredients into the mix just until everything is mixed.
After the ingredients are combined and the burgers are grilled, top off the burgers with Swiss cheese and then that delicious sweet and crisp sweet kale slaw all on a Brioche bun. Yum!
So, this summer as you are firing up the grill and getting ready to char up some burgers, think of toppings that are a bit different, yet delicious. Laura’s Lean All Natural Beef is a meat option you can feel good about. You’ll find Laura’s Lean at your local retailer.
If you like recipes like this one, you will enjoy the recipes below for summer grilling!
- BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
- Chargrilled Chicken Wings
- Grilled Greek Burger with Tzatziki Sauce
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Potatoes
Commonly Ask Questions
Not over cooking the burgers is a big help. Also, adding some breadcrumbs will help to keep the burgers together. For this recipe add about ¼ cup of plain breadcrumbs and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Yes! You will assemble the burgers as instructed in the recipe and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on cooking the burgers in your Air Fryer
Items you may need for this recipePrint
Lean Beef Burgers with Kale Slaw
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
You can make Lean Beef Burgers that are still juicy and flavorful. Top these burgers off with kale coleslaw, Swiss cheese, and a Brioche Bun.
- 1 lb. Laura’s Lean Beef
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Melted butter
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 8 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 12 oz. Kale Cole Slaw Mix
- ⅓ c. Poppyseed Dressing
- 2 tbsp. Mayo
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the Kale Cole Slaw mix, poppyseed dressing, mayo, and apple cider vinegar. Stir together until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add Laura’s Lean All Natural Ground Beef, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Worcestershire Sauce, and olive oil. Use your hands and mix just until combined. Separate into four even-sized balls.
- Roll into balls and carefully smash into patties. Use the kosher salt and pepper and season evenly across the four patties and place on an already heated and prepared grill. Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes. When the burger is on its last side, about 2 minutes until complete, add two slices of Swiss cheese. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Brush the insides with a little melted butter and warm them on the grill inside down for about one minute. Place a burger on top of the bottom half of the bun and top with a heaping spoonful of the coleslaw and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Grill
Leave a Reply