Alright, the recipe you all have waited for is here!
Last week I was blessed with the opportunity to make my first TV debut! Don’t believe me? Watch it below!
This is such an amazing and very cheesy mac-n-cheese. The best part of this recipe is that it is all done in a slow cooker. So this recipe is for those momma’s out there who struggle to find time to make a solid home cooked meal for their dinner tables. All you have to do is put all the ingredients in your slow cooker, put it on low, stir every once in a while,and your done in about 4 hours! You can make this as a side dish or a main entrée. If you are going to make this a main dish to make a complete meal, go to your local grocer and buy some garlic bread, salad, and your done! You like how I put that meal all together for you don’t you?
Here is another great thing about most slow cooker meals, especially this one. You can get as creative as you want! You can add broccoli, bacon, a packet of ranch dressing, or ground hamburger. Go absolutely crazy! Hmm… I think I just gave myself an idea. In this recipe I used a can of Red Gold Tomatoes tomatoes and green chilles but if that is not your thing you can go plain or try something else. However, I promise you, you will love the zest and kick you will get by adding them in your mac-n-cheese. Also, like I said in the video you are adding a vegetable to the rest of cheesyness. No? Oh well, I made this recipe 3 TIMES already and I might just have to make it on Thanksgiving to make things a little easier for me. Well Bon Appetite. And….your welcome :-).
* Recipe adapted from Red Gold Tomatoes
- 2 c. pasta of choice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. processed American cheese, cut into cubes (Velvetta)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1- 14.5 oz. can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies, drained or 2 (10 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- Spray a 3.5 qt slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and place the uncooked pasta at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the ingredients to the pot, except the tomatoes (cream cheese, butter, american cheese, dijon mustard, milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream). Cook on low for 4 hours. Stir periodically. Once the mac-n-cheese is cooked, add the tomatoes and serve.