Isn’t it beautiful? Its almost like a great big cloud of incredible goodness.
These Bacon and Jalapeno Puff Pastry Bites are the perfect holiday appetizer!
My favorite holiday is coming up and I know that most of you is thinking I am referring to Valentines Day, but I am not. I am talking about Super Bowl Sunday! On Super Bowl Sunday, I am going to need to work out twice as long as I normally do because nothing will stop me from enjoying myself. I love eating chicken wings, potato skins, nachos, meatballs, and dips! Oh the many dips that gives variety for my tortilla chips. I am telling you all I love Super Bowl Sunday for every reason aside from the game. Yes, I do glance at the game from time to time. But really, no one really watches the game. Especially if it isn’t your team that is playing. Super Bowl Parties are for eating, socializing, and these Bacon and Jalapeno Puff Pastry Bites. Oh, and the half time show of course!
You know, it wasn’t difficult to create these appetizers. I figure you guys love my Jalapeno Popper Chicken much I’d just take the same idea and put it into an appetizer. Who doesn’t like cheese, bacon, and jalapenos? Furthermore, who doesn’t like bacon, cheese, and jalapenos in a crisp buttery shell? I can’t think of anyone who would not be a fan of that idea. However, if such a person exists then I don’t know what to say except….WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?!!! If it wasn’t for my incredible intolerance for lactose I would eat the entire pan. These bites have incredible flavor and the best part is that they are super easy. The hardest part about this recipe is cutting the puff pastry into squares and inserting them into the muffin tins (oh yea, that’s hard). Aside from that everything its “easy peasy beautiful cover girl”. If that isn’t enough to get you to make these, I dropped them off to my fiance’s job and they were gone within an hour. They loved them! These Bacon and Jalapeno Puff Pastry Bites appetizers are perfect for Super Bowl or for any occasion. If you don’t believe me, ask my fiance’s co-workers.
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large jalapeno, deseeded & finely chopped
- 8 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 4.5 oz. Bacon Bits (1½ pouches of Real Bacon Bits)
- ¼ c. green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth and add the salt. Next fold in the jalapeno, Pepper Jack Cheese, bacon bits, and green onion until well combined.
- Turn the puff pastry sheet, one at a time, onto a lightly floured surface. Use a Pizza cutter and cut the puff pastry sheet into 12 squares. Spray a muffin tin lightly with baking spray. Place a puff pastry square into a muffin tin and press into the bottom and along sides. There should be some puff pastry on the outside of the muffin tin If desired, you can trim some of the excess puff pastry if you want. Place the second sheet of puff pastry in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once all of the muffin tins have been lined with puff pastry, use a cookie scooper to scoop some of the cream cheese mixture and place inside the puff pastry shells. If you do not have a cookie scooper you can use a tablespoon. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges of the puff pastry is slightly golden.