Popcorn Recipe with Butter Toffee Flavor!
If you put a box of Crunch N’ Munch in front of me, its pretty much a rap.
So, why did I make this popcorn recipe again? I don’t know.
I love this Popcorn Recipe!
Hey Sugar Babies! I am loving this popcorn recipe! I hope you got everything you wanted for Christmas this year. Lord knows I did. The two biggest things I wanted was a camcorder and an Amazon Kindle Fire. I got them both. YAY ME! I was going to post one last recipe for you before Christmas if you wanted to make something to share with your friends and family but I got the stomach flu. I had it for two days. That thing is not fun to have, ya know? Now I am back and feeling better and ready to get back into sharing some awesome recipes and pictures of how my Christmas went. What did I do? My and the fiancée just lounged around, watched basketball, and cooked dinner. Yea we stayed in our PJ’s all day. It was pretty darn awesome.
Now, about this popcorn recipe. Butter Toffee Popcorn has a special place in my heart. It really does. It is the perfect partner to a couch potato, like myself sometimes. Not only that, it is an awesome gift idea to give to people for the holidays. Yea I know I’m kind of late with the gift ideas, but we have Valentine’s Day coming up and this will serve just as a good as a V-Day gift like it would as a Christmas Day gift. Speaking of Valentine’s Day, you know I went to the grocery store the day after Christmas and they were already putting up stuff for V-Day already?! How absurd! I mean, the Thanksgiving turkey gets no love at all and there is all this hype about Christmas from September to December and as soon as it is over they dump it like bad habit. I’m sorry. I’m always a little sad when Christmas is over. Not as sad as I was when eating this popcorn was over. So…enjoy!
Recipe partially adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- 4- 3 oz. bags microwave popcorn (lightly salted)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2¼ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- NOTE: If you have a hot popcorn popper, you can pop ¾ c. uncooked popcorn kernels instead like the original recipe. I just thought this may be a little easier.
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees and butter a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave. Sift the bag of popcorn and remove as many unpopped kernels as possible and place the popped popcorn in a large bowl along with the peanuts. Set the popcorn and peanuts to the side to the side.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat, add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and the salt and constantly stir as it begins to slightly boil. Allow to boil while constantly stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and baking soda. The baking soda will make the mixture to bubble up a little bit but keep stirring until it completely dissolves.
- Pour the toffee mixture over the popcorn and the peanuts using a rubber spatula, stir carefully until the popcorn mixture is covered. Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly and bake for 1 hour. Once finished baking, allow to cool for 25 minutes, break apart, and store in an airtight container or serve!