You have a moment in the kitchen that really excites you? Just like these Baked Chicken Tenders, huh?
Check out the development of these Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders.
So, last week I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. After several hours of mental torture, I decided to make these Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders ( I made them twice in one week thank you very much). I went through my normal ritual of scrolling through Pinterest, looking through my blog for dinners I previously made, and even looked through some of my old cookbooks to see if I could make something for dinner with what I had in my house. I hate going to the grocery store for one or a couple of items, don’t you? Especially because the closest grocery stores to me are pretty big and going through all those people and all of those aisles for 2 ingredients are annoying. In fact, just thinking of the situation is driving me nuts. So I had some frozen chicken tenders, ground beef, chicken thighs, and ground turkey but not a lot of other choices to choose from for dinner. I typically keep rice, beans, garlic, and chicken or beef stock in my pantry for when I want to add more flavor or if I get desperate. In this case, I just couldn’t put things together. So I kept looking, and looking, and looking, and I found some honey, and a small can chipotles. Those 2 ingredients saved my dinner solving problems that night.
First, I had to check the expiration date of the chipotles because I could not for the life of me figure out how long I have had them. Once I determined they wouldn’t make us sick, I decided to bake the chicken tenders and I made a honey chipotle sauce. Now, I do not know the measurements of what I did the first time but I remember my husband and I bashing the hell out of those chicken fingers. Man they were good. So good that I had to make them again to share with all of you. This time, I would write down exactly what I did so you can enjoy these Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Fingers and post on your Pinterest Boards to keep spreading the love.
Make this into a full meal. While the Chicken Fingers are baking, slice some potatoes and bake them at the same time! I would put the potatoes in the oven first so they can get a 10-minute head start. What I love about these Chicken Fingers is the crunch. Chicken Fingers would not be Chicken Fingers without a crunch. You can eat these Chicken Fingers with or without the sauce. What I would say, especially if you are making these for kids, is to taste the sauce as you go just to test the spice. For us, the spice was fine but I could definitely see it being a little too hot for the little once. You can also serve the sauce on the side if you think it might be easier. I actually don’t have much to say in this blog post because this post is really about the recipe. I am just really excited to have you try it!
Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
These Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders are sweet, spicy, and easy to make. Try these for dinner tonight with your family!
- 12 chicken tenders
- ½ c. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c. light corn syrup
- ½ c. honey
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. chipotle sauce
- ¼ c. BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in individual bowls. Whisk the eggs until the yolks and whites are well combined.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour on both sides to make sure they are evenly coated, dip in the eggs, and coat in the panko bread crumbs. Place on the cooling rack placed on top of the baking sheet. Bake the chicken tenders for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium sauce pan (i.e. corn syrup, honey, chipotle pepper, chipotle sauce, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, salt, and smoked paprika). Whisk together on low. Once the chicken tenders are finished, dip into the sauce Each chicken tender should be able to get a double dipping of sauce. Place bake in the oven for 5 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner
Leave a Reply