This Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Frittata recipe is a perfect breakfast that you will love. Not to mention, it is crazy easy!
This Broccoli Ham and Cheddar Frittata Recipe is the easiest breakfast dish you can make any day!
The thought of me having my own Bed and Breakfast is something I think about once I decide to retire. I would love to have 3 cozy and comfortable rooms in a modern country-style house; the rooms are modern and conservative with big windows for plenty of sunlight; and the common area has a huge fireplace where people can read, relax, or play chess. Oh, and there is no television. YEA, YEA, THAT WORKS!
I would have a wonderful garden with a few hammocks where people can relax and smell the natural and earthy scents of lavender and honeysuckle and every morning they are awakened by the smell of freshly brewed coffee, bacon, homemade biscuits, and pancakes in the air. Doesn’t that sound great?! I hope I did a good job at painting a picture for you guys of my vision for my bed and breakfast that I would call “Morning Dew”. Isn’t that cute?!
Sometimes I sit and daydream about my cute little B&B. That and buying a small cottage in Tuscany, Italy in the country somewhere, make new friends, have a few chickens, and travel to the local farmer’s markets and cook awesome food with some of the freshest ingredients. Put the image in your mind from the movie “Under The Tuscan Sun”. I love the life she had. I loved how she left everything behind and just moved her life to Italy and learned a new way of life. I would seriously love to leave it all behind and make awesome food under the Tuscan sun. Wouldn’t that be awesome? Now I think I got some of you thinking about your retirement.
You know, I think that is the reason I love food so much. I feel that God has placed the love of food in my heart so when I retire food will be my offering to people and it continues to heighten the experience of life for myself and others. If you notice in both of my retirement plans, food is the hero. In one case you have me wanting to make breakfast for people so they can feel comforted and fall back in love with life. On the other hand, I am making food with some of the freshest ingredients that were made from local families that they made with their love. You see, food just spreads love all around.
About this Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Frittata Recipe
This Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Frittata recipe is something I make often for my family. It is a very easy recipe that you can put together in a bowl, pour in a pan, and let the oven do the rest of the work! You start off by cooking some ham; whisk together some eggs; add some broccoli bits; pour everything in a pan. Oh, don’t forget to top off the frittata with cheddar cheese. That is it, you guys! You can serve this with a side of tossed greens (yes you can eat greens for breakfast) and top off with some sour cream and chopped chives. There are several ways you can make a frittata. If you’re not a fan of this recipe, you can get creative with how to make a frittata on your own.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 baby head broccoli, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 whole large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Fill a medium pot with water and place the chopped broccoli inside and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. You don't want the broccoli to lose its color. As soon as the broccoli is soft, immediately remove from the heat and using a slotted spoon remove the broccoli from the water into a bowl o and allow to cool. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick saute pan on medium heat add the olive oil and begin to cook the shallot onion until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook until for another 2-3 minutes. Add the ham and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the butter into the ham mixture and allow to melt. Stir to make sure the butter is evenly distributed.
- In another bowl, crack and whisk the eggs until the yolk and the whites are well mixed. Add the red pepper flakes, milk and cheese and stir once more. Next, add the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the ham mixture and quickly stir to make sure that the egg mixture is evenly distributed. Allow to sit on the heat for 2-3 minutes until you notice the bottom of pan and the sides are set and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes to cook through or until the top is slightly golden.
- Loosen around the sides with a rubber spatula and flip on a serving platter on you can serve out of the pan as is.