Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie
I just can’t get enough of Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes!
What is better than Chocolate Chip Cookies than a Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie?
I’ll tell you what is better….no a damn thang.
Making this Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream pie is so backwards. While most of you are still detoxing, counting your Weight Watcher Points, and starting some crazed crash diet, I am making dishes like these. It is not in my intention to make you want to give up on your healthy goals, but it is in my intention to live life! Part of living life is eating good food. No eating good food does not always have to be on the unhealthy side. I have had some amazing vegan dishes, vegetarian dishes, and paleo dishes that I LOVE! But I also believe in balance. Sometimes I don’t want to count calories or eat another leaf. I want some FOOD. Eating good food is sexy and so is cooking good food. Now, let’s really dive into this Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie.
I saw this Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie recipe on Twitter over a year ago in my feed. I thought this pie was so pretty and I really wanted to make it sooner but I kind of forgot about it. It’s kind of convenient and horrible that I would remember to make this dish at the top of the year, right? Well I did and I could not resist. Some of you are probably thinking “Nicole, its cold outside. Isn’t it a little too early to be making an ice cream pie?” If you are thinking that, I am going to answer your question with a question, isn’t it too early to be planning your next vacation? Or isn’t it too early to pay your bills that isn’t due until next month? The answer would be “NO”. Of course not, right? You have to plan for your vacations to give you something to look forward to, you have to plan to pay your bills for next month because you have to survive, and you have to eat Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie because you only have one life and you need to be happy and food makes us happy! So it is never too early to have an ice cream pie.
I have to admit, Betty Crocker really did it with this recipe. Oh, I forgot to mention, that is where I got the recipe from. This Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie has a Chocolate Chip Cookie crust, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream as the filling, and mini chocolate chip cookies on top drizzled in chocolate sauce. Talking about getting your cookie fix. Here is something healthy people will appreciate, I only ate a half of a slice. I mean look, I love sweets but I cannot eat sweets the way I use to. Maybe it’s because I am getting older or just can’t really handle the sugar the way I use to. In any case, this pie is fantastic and I will be making it again for one of my nieces or nephews parties or something. It is really easy to put together and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker. Click here for original recipe.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- ⅓ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ c. hot fudge topping
- 4 c. cookie dough ice cream, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9 inch round pie pan with non stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Blend cookie mix, butter and water; reserve ½ cup dough. Press remaining dough into greased 9 inch round pie pan and along the sides and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Roll reserved dough into 16 small cookie balls and place on prepared cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking spray; press slightly to flatten. Bake at 350°F 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Spoon about ¼ cup fudge topping onto bottom crust. Spoon ice cream into crust (the ice cream should be taken out of the freezer about 10 minutes before ready to use). Chill in the freezer at least 2 hours. Before ready to serve, place the cookies on pie by pressing them in at an angle. Microwave remaining ¼ cup fudge topping uncovered 30 seconds on High; drizzle over pie and serve.