This Grilled Shrimp Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing is light and refreshing for the summer. It is filled with sweet corn, grilled pineapple, grape tomatoes, and tossed with a honey mustard dressing.
What is in this Grilled Shrimp Salad?
As you can tell by the photos this recipe is full of bright and delicious vegetables and fruit which includes pineapple, celery, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and sweet corn. To bring out the flavors in some of these vegetables and grains I used the grill. If you have not tried grilling your vegetables to add in dishes, you should try it immediately. For this salad, I grilled the sweet corn and it was amazing!
- 5 oz. Spring Mix Salad
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ c. red onions, sliced
- 2 small sweet corn ears
- 10 oz. Raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- ¼ c. canola oil
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper and toss in about 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Heat your grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spray with non-stick spray. Place the shrimp and one pineapple chunk on a skewer alternatively. Leave about 1 inch of the bamboo skewer exposed to remove from grill. Grill the shrimp on the grill for 2-4 minutes on both sides until the shrimp is pink. They may be slightly charred. You may have some extra skewers that you won’t need for the salad.
- Rub the sweet corn with softened butter. Season on both sides salt and pepper. Grill the corn on your grill on both sides for about 5 minutes until a nice char is reached on both sides. When cool to manage, slice the corn kernels off the cob.
- To assemble, place the spring salad mix, cucumber, tomatoes, sweet corn, and red onion in a large salad bowl. Add the corn and about 4 skewers of the cooked shrimp and pineapples. Toss the ingredients together and croutons, if desired.
- To make the dressing, pour the dijon mustard, oil, honey, vinegar, and salt into a mason jar and shake hard for about 1 minute. Pour the dressing on the side of the bowl and toss enough to coat and serve or place on the side.