This Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe combines the best of both holiday pies being pecan and pumpkin. Made with a delicious ginger snap crust, silky pumpkin filling, and a simple pecan topping, you won’t be able to say no to these Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars!
I absolutely love Pumpkin Pie. In fact, some may be surprised that I prefer Pumpkin Pie over Sweet Potatoe Pie. Only by a hair or two though. Although I appreciate the flavor Pecan Pie, it’s too rich and sweet for me. That’s why these Pumpkin Pecan Bars are a great combination of the fall desserts.
What I love the most about these pumpkin bars is the medley of spices that turns a dull ordinary can of pumpkin into magic. I mean have you ever tried canned pumpkin before? Not pumpkin pie puree, just canned pumpkin? Yeah, it’s not really all that great if I am being honest. It’s great for dogs if you are trying to get them to “go”.
Yeah, I know, I don’t know why I said that either.
What’s makes these bars even more over the top, is the crust that is made out of crushed ginger snap cookies. As we all know, ginger along with pumpkin pie spice is a match made in heaven!
I don’t know if this is official or not but fall is, to me, pie season. Pies is one of the best comfort food desserts. I should know, I have made my share of pies and have shared them on this blog. There is nothing more comforting than to have pie on the day where we all enjoy the most comforting meal of the year….THANKSGIVING!
One of the thrills I get a kick out of the most is the dessert table on Thanksgiving Day. That table is filled with Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Pound Cake, and several other thanksgiving dessert favorites that I adore. Now, I am adding these Pumpkin Pecan Bars to the table for those people, like me, who can’t make up their mind between choosing two desserts.
Ingredients for these Pumpkin Pecan Bars
This pumpkin recipe is a simple dessert to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients such as:
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Canned pumpkin
- Chopped Pecans
- Light Brown Sugar
To name a few.
You start off by making these pumpkin bars similar to pumpkin pie over crust. I made these Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars with a gingersnap crust! If you are not a fan of gingersnaps (like my mom), then you don’t have to worry. You can make regular pie crust for these pumpkin bars and they will be just as delicious.
These pumpkin bars were, like seriously, one of the easiest pumpkin recipes I’ve made. And I have made a lot of things with pumpkin. If you don’t believe me, check out my latest post of The Best Pumpkin Recipes for Fall Baking. There are plenty to choose from.
Recipe partially adapted from Very Best BakingPrint
Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
These Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bars are the best between pumpkin pie and pecan pie. You can serve this alongside your awesome Thanksgiving meal!
- 12 oz. Box Gingersnaps
- 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. chopped pecan pieces
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a 9X13 casserole baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the ginger snaps and pulse until fine. While still pulsing, slowly pour in the melted butter. Pour the ginger snaps into the bottom of the casserole baking dish and firmly press the crust evenly along the bottom of the dish. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, pure pumpkin, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together until well mixed. Pour on top of the ginger snap crust and bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Mix together the pecan pieces and brown sugar in a medium bowl, sprinkle the mixture on top of the pumpkin evenly and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie bars, pumpkin pie bars, pumpkin bars, pumpkin pecan bars, pumpkin bars
Leave a Reply