Sweet and tart just like a glass of fresh Strawberry Lemonade, these bars taste just like the real deal. On a sugar cookie crust topped with a citrusy topping that makes perfect Strawberry Lemonade Bars.
I’m officially out of the first trimester-blues. I’m starting to feel like my normal self, I’m gaining my appetite back, and I’m starting to get back to the activities that I enjoyed doing before my pregnancy took over, which in large is blogging. Making these Strawberry Lemonade Bars is a great way to make a comeback! I must say, I’m quite proud of my work.
I’ve actually tried to make Strawberry Lemonade Bars a few times in the past. For some reason, I could never seem to get the flavor and the consistency just right. I think I was overthinking the concept maybe or this recipe just wasn’t ready to be conceived until now. I love these Strawberry Lemonade Bars because they are everything you experience in a nice cold glass of lemonade just in the form of a bar.
How to make these Strawberry Lemonade Bars
To start off making these dessert bars, you start off by taking an already made form of sugar cookie dough that you can find in the refrigerator section and press it into the bottom of a rectangular baking pan. I mean, you can’t make everything from scratch. Well, you can, but if there is a shortcut option, I say use it. Once you’ve baked it for a while, you then create the filling, which is a combination of strawberry puree and fresh lemon juice. Oh, and sugar of course. Then, you bake it to perfection.
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 12-16 1x
These Strawberry Lemonade Bars are made with a sugar cookie crust and topped with a sweet and tart filling that tastes like a refreshing glass of lemonade.
- 16.5 oz Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 10 Strawberries tops sliced off
- 1 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line a 9X13 pan with aluminum foil. Spray with baking spray.
- Press the sugar cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake on the top shelf for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, add the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, flour, eggs, salt, and baking soda into a blender and pulse for about 2 minutes to ensure all ingredients are mixed well. Pour onto the sugar cookie crust and bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- The filling should be set and not jiggly. Allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes and place in the refrigerator for, at least, 2 hours to chill completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into squares, and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply