These 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls are soft, buttery, and sweet! These Honey Butter Rolls are perfect for your Thanksgiving meal!
If you have milk, flour, honey, and yeast then you can make these 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls!
Okay, do you guys know about those cheap dinner rolls that are sold in abundance around Thanksgiving? They are pretty cheap. Yeah, so I don’t like them. They are cheap, they taste cheap, and they are hollow. I can’t stand hollow rolls. When I bite or break a dinner roll, I want to be welcomed by the steam, the butter, and the aroma of the dinner roll. I don’t want to open dinner rolls and the breading isn’t there! Has anyone else experienced this, or is this all in my imagination? Oh well, let’s just settle for the fact that I am not a big fan of the cheap dinner rolls. I defer to cornbread, biscuits, or Hawaiian Bread if it’s available. Nonetheless, a Thanksgiving meal isn’t a Thanksgiving meal without a good dinner roll and jellied cranberry sauce, but that is a different blog post for another day.
I am always nervous about making anything that requires yeast. I know it seems to be so simple but to me, it is such a scary thing. I have had many experiences where I tried to make something using yeast and the bread didn’t rise or the bread had a very strong yeast taste to it. When I think of a recipe that requires yeast, I try to find another alternative quick just to avoid the whole rising and deflating process. It takes too damn long. I know I am not the only one alone in this. Why do you think I use Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix or premade biscuits or dough of some sort? It just makes life easier and less intimidating for me. So, how did I muster up the strength and confidence to make these 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls? One word and one word only….CHALLENGE!
I needed a dish to add to my Thanksgiving Recipe round-up this week and I thought of nothing better to make than a quick dinner roll. Before I continue, let me address what I know many of you are thinking as you are reading this blog post, “Nicole, why would I make dinner rolls when I can just buy the cheap dinner rolls that you hate?” BECAUSE THEY ARE GROSS!! That’s why! I get it. You want to make a Thanksgiving meal that is quick, easy, and as painless as possible. You already spend 2 days or more preparing for the annual holiday feast, why add more to the laundry list of things you have to do. Guess what? I have an answer for that too and that is because it is Thanksgiving! There are two events in the year that I try to go all out when it comes to making m best food and those two events are Christmas and Thanksgiving. You are supposed to make Candied Yams from scratch; you are supposed to brine your Turkey Breast overnight; you are supposed to make homemade cornbread for the Cornbread Stuffing; you are supposed to make these 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls! You shouldn’t feel stressed out about making Thanksgiving dinner! You should be in a complete state of nostalgia because you are making some of your best food for your family. Maybe that’s just me, but that is how I feel about Thanksgiving. You only cook your largest dinner once a year! Why not go all out and make your favorite Thanksgiving recipes and these 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls?
Speaking of which, my husband absolutely loved these 30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls. He had one every day since the day I made them. You know what he said when he first bit into one of these dinner rolls? He said that they tasted like they were homemade and better than the dinner rolls they sell at the grocery store! Again, those cheap ass dinner rolls that people always buy. Do yourself and your family a favor and make these quick and easy Honey Butter Rolls. I mean seriously! They don’t take that long and really won’t intervene with your Thanksgiving meal prep. You can make them the day before and warm them up the day of! However, you choose to do it, just be sure to try something new for Thanksgiving this year.
Recipe adapted from i Heart EatingPrint
30-Minute Honey Butter Rolls Recipe
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
These Honey Butter Rolls can be made from scratch within 30 minutes! Just make, bake, and brush with melted butter and honey!
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 envelopes Active Dry Yeast
- ⅓ c. honey
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ – 4 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. Melted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and milk together to reach a temperature between 100-110 Degrees F.
- In a separate large mixing bowl of a standing mixer, add the yeast and honey to the bowl. Carefully pour the milk into the bowl with the honey and yeast. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- Use the paddle handle and begin to add the egg and salt. Use the dough hook to carefully add the flour, one cup at a time, to the milk mixture ( I only needed 3 ½ cups of flour). Continue to add the flour to the mixture until the dough is pulled away from the bowl and clings to the dough hook. The dough will be sticky.
- Separate the dough into 12 dough balls. Roll into smooth balls and place into a 9X13 baking dish or on a baking sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and place in warm place for 10-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and brush the rolls with the butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Melt the last 2 tablespoons of butter and honey together. Once finished baking, brush with additional melted butter and honey. Serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Bread
Leave a Reply