HOLY STUFFED CANNOLI THESE ARE GOOD!
Need a cold and easy treat for the Summer? Try an Ice Cream Stuffed Cannoli and cover with your favorite toppings!
So…I had a craving. You know, as usual. Not a craving for some spiritual awakening or anything life altering. I had a craving for a “Choco Taco”. Come on you know what I “Choco Taco” is. If you don’t then I urge you to stop reading this blog post, go to your local grocery store, and buy a box. Choco Taco’s are these amazing ice cream treats where there is ice cream stuffed in a waffle cone shaped like a taco, I think, and the tops are covered in chocolate. Sounds simple but they are super good. In the midst of my craving, I began to think how easy it must have been to create said ice cream treats. Then of course, I created my version. Are you surprised? I pretty much have to make my version of everything. When I make something, at least I know what’s in it and I can make it myself. You know what I mean?
Here is the most ironic detail about me when it comes to these Ice Cream Stuffed Cannolis…..I hate Cannolis. Now, let me explain. I am not at all a fan of anything that is stuffed with cream or jelly. The only exception to that rule are the Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes, which I have not had in years. Beyond that, I am not a fan. Cannolis, in my experience, are typically stuffed with some sort of cream. However, I do like the shell of a canoli. They are sweet, crunchy, and have a particular flavor that I cannot wrap my mind around. Simply said, they are delicious. In an effort to satisfy my “Choco Taco” craving, I simply went to my local baker, bought some cannolis, ice cream, and created the masterpiece you see right before your very eyes. You know what I was thinking when I had one of these? I was thinking how awesome and easy these would be to make if you were having a cookout. You can also make these with your kids and use any kind of ice cream flavor you want. It is totally up to you. All you need are the cannolis, ice cream, chocolate candy topping, and something to put on the ends of your treats and your good to go! I used chopped pecans and toffee pieces but you can use chopped pieces of candy, sprinkles, or even graham cracker crumbs for a Smore like effect. Whatever you do, just have fun and enjoy an Ice Cream Stuffed Cannoli!Print
Ice Cream Stuffed Cannoli
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
Perfect for the summer time and only take minutes to assemble! Try these Ice Cream Stuffed Cannolis topped with chocolate and coated with your favorite toppings!
- 6 Cannoli Shells
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 lb. Milk Chocolate and/or White Chocolate Coating
- desired sprinkles for the ends
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes just until softened. Use a spoon and scrape some of the ice cream from the container and stuff the canoli carefully so it doesn’t break. Make sure you do both sides of the canoli. Once the cannolis are stuffed, place on a baking sheet and into the freezer for 1 hour and proceed to the next step.
- Melt the chocolate coating and use a spoon to spoon some of the chocolate on the side of the cannolis. Don’t dip the ice cream into the chocolate because it can begin to curdle. Place the topping inside a small ramekin or bowl. Once the cannolis are covered with chocolate, immediately dip the canoli into the toppings and place back onto the baking sheet. Move quickly before any ice cream melts. Once the cannolis are complete place back into the freezer for one hour or until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply