Lights. Camera. ACTION!
So, I was sitting on the couch, eating popcorn, talking on the phone and my mind was beginning to wonder. The popcorn was bit on the salty side and I was thinking how I could really use something sweet. To me, one of the best sweet things to go along with some salty and buttery popcorn is Twizzlers! Then I thought, “naaaah”. I don’t want Twizzlers. I want something a bit different. Then….EUREKA! It hit me like a soda can. What about M&M’s?! Aww man homie’s. There is nothing like eating popcorn and M&M’s at the same time. Its great! Then my thought process went a bit further. I promise you it felt as though someone smacked me in the face with the idea of taking the things I to eat the most during a movie and incorporating that into a cookie. SAY HUH, SAY WHAAAT!
It took me two tries to get this recipe just right. The first time I made them, the cookies were a bit chocolaty and you really didn’t get the popcorn flavor to come through. Then I thought about adding buttered popcorn flavoring to the cookies just to bring the flavor out a bit and it worked out perfectly! You can taste the popcorn and the sweetness of the cookie, but one isn’t more overpowering than the other. They really work well together. These cookies are really fun to make for kids or just something fun to make that is a bit different from your average chocolate chip cookie. My fiance loved them , his co-workers loved them, and his boss loved them. Heck, I loved them! This is a perfect cookie if you like sweet and salty foods.
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¾ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. buttered popcorn flavoring powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. flour
- 1½ c. buttered popcorn, crushed (use microwavable popcorn)
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. M&M's peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and blend until well mixed. Add the vanilla extract, cornstarch, buttered popcorn flavoring, baking soda and salt and mix well. Slowly add the flour and mix until well blended.
- Use a rubber spatula and mix in the popcorn thoroughly, add the M&M's, and chocolate chips. Once all ingredients are mixed through out the cookie batter, spray a cookie sheet and place about a tablespoon of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes and place on a cooling rack.