Make these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and add your favorite Vegan Ice Cream making them into irresistible ice cream sandwiches. You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy them.
So this week I have shared with you very basic desserts that you can make vegan. For those of you who may not fully know or understand what it means to be a vegan let me tell you. Vegans do not consume and sometimes wear, anything that comes or is generated from an animal. This also includes honey. They don’t eat chicken or anything with eggs; they don’t eat beef or anything that has cows milk, and they don’t eat bacon or anything with casing or bacon fat. Their diet is completely animal-less. I know that most of you are wondering if I am considering venturing over to the dark side. The answer is “no”. However, I enjoy eating vegan based foods due to my increasing intolerance for lactose. I don’t walk away feeling bloated, heavy, or gaseous. I feel…good. Especially after I had one of these.
We can take LA as a perfect example. Now that city has always been saturated in “superficiality” but they have an increasing population of people who are vegans, rawist, naturalists, and the list goes on. They have more restaurants than almost any other city in this country of healthier restaurant options. It’s only going to grow from there. Also, you have documentaries like “Forks Over Knives” that after watching will make you want to discard all the meat products that you have in your kitchen immediately. Hell, Beyoncé and Jay Z did a Vegan fast for 22 days. It’s happening people. Get with it people!
I want to explore different ways for us to be healthy and still have our fun too. Now I am still going to have some foods on my blog that is high in calories, fat, and everything is that is normal in the world but I believe in moderation. My favorite food is burgers. I’m not talking about flat beef patty burgers, I’m talking grass-fed, no hormone or chemically induced beef. Pure beef! Topped off with a whole bunch of stuff and served with some really hot french fries. That is my favorite meal right there! I doubt that I will ever be a full vegan. But when you have gorgeous and tasty treats like these, it’s worth trying.
Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe adapted from www.theppk.comPrint
Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Stevia Baking Blend
- 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 2/3 c. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. vegan chocolate chips
- 1 pint. Almond Dream Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray large baking sheet with baking spray and set aside
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, Stevia, cornstarch, and brown sugar). Mix in the canola oil, milk and vanilla extract with a hand held mixer. Using a rubber spatula stir in the chocolate chips. Make tablespoon dollops of cookie dough badder on the baking sheet. Should make about a dozen cookies. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- To make into a sandwich take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to get soft. Once the ice cream is soft enough to spread on a cookie, spread about a table spoon on a cookie and place a cookie on top making a sandwich. Eat right away or immeditatley place back into the freezer until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply