You would never think that mayonnaise would help make the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe EVER!
This mayonnaise made with Coconut Oil by Chosen Foods definitely make this Chocolate Cake recipe, the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe EVER!
Okay, so I am sure I said this before in a previous post (I’m sure of it), but I was never a big Chocolate Cake fan. Nope. Not me. It’s not because I think Chocolate Cake is gross. I just never had it moist and chocolatey. It’s always been dry and boring. In fact, I remember growing up during holiday dinners Chocolate Cake would always be an option on the dessert table. I am not sure why, because it was always boring, but it was there.
Let’s pause for a second. Does someone in your family always bring the same dish that no one really likes but no one is bold enough to tell that person to stop bringing it? That was the case with this cake. It just kept showing up on the dessert table, but no one would really eat it. If I could go back in time and make this cake, with this recipe, I guarantee this Chocolate Cake would be the first dessert gone every year.
Back to this cake. I bet you are wondering as to what makes this the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe EVER, right? Well, I am going to tell you. Sure this recipe has flour, eggs, sugar, and milk. In addition to the cocoa powder, I added some chocolate hazelnut spread AND mayonnaise! Yes, there is some mayo in this recipe! Pretty interesting huh? Typically to make cakes moist, people typically add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt. But you can definitely add mayonnaise as well! Think about it. When people add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, they are adding it because it provides extra fat and moisture that will add to the moistness of a cake. Well, mayo has the same properties as yogurt and sour cream too! Mayo has a good amount of fat that can add moistness to a cake. But not just any mayo, Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo.
I know we typically see mayo in dips and on a sandwich, but this is a very delicious, decadent, and amazing way to use mayo as well. Using Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo not only will add moisture to your cake, but it will add a dose of healthy fat as well. So, I guess this makes the cake healthy, right?
I am a fan of Chosen Foods brand. I have used their products before in this blog post using Avocado Oil Mayonnaise and I have been smitten ever since. I love what Chosen Foods have done with mayo by using healthier fats instead of saturated fats. It makes using mayo not-so-bad. I mean wouldn’t you rather have your mayo with Coconut Oil and Avocado Oil instead of eggs and some other oil? I know I would and to prove to you that you would like to use these mayo’s as well.
I am hosting another awesome giveaway! This time I am going to give a lucky winner the following:
– 2 Jars of Coconut Oil Mayo
– 1 Bottle Coconut Oil Spray
– 1 Super Cute Tote Bag
Because I really believe in this mayo by Chosen Foods, I want to provide a discount code to where if you buy one jar at chosenfoods.com, you will get another jar FREE! Just use the discount code below!
Discount Code: COCONUTBOGO
To enter the giveaway, just answer the question below!
How do you use your mayo?
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ c. Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo
- 1 c. boiling oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- FOR ICING
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a Bundt Cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together with a hand held mixer or standing mixer, combine the sugar, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Begin to slowly pour in the boil water. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and mayo and continue to mix. Pour in the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake with the oven rack in the middle for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Then turn to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool.
- To make the ganache, pour the 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chip in a heat safe bowl. Bring the cream to a slight boil and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Slowly stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to cool until ganache thickens. It should be thick enough to where it pours on thick. Or if spreadable, you can spread on like a frosting. Serve as desired.