This Deep Dish Apple Pie Recipe will make you feel incredibly thankful this year.
This is not just Apple Pie, but this is an amazing and comforting Deep Dish Apple Pie Recipe that anyone will enjoy!
Okay, so now we are to the good part of my Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up. DESSERTS! The first dessert on the list that I will be sharing is the Deep Dish Apple Pie. First of all, I like Apple Pie and the deeper the better. That means more apples and more crust (my favorite part). The absolute best part of any Apple Pie or fruit pie dish is the ice cream that comes with it. I am not sure why ice cream is an optional part of pie. It is necessary to have along with any pie! That or Cool-Whip. In any case, you must have something cooling to have with a nice warm slice of pie! It’s heaven. If you feel the same way about pie, then you will love this recipe for sure!
There is something nostalgic about making pie. It is very comforting, soothing, and, if shared with someone, can create a bonding experience. I look forward to making pies with my children and their children. It is the one dish that my son will be able to use to impress his wife and family. I hope this tradition like many of the traditions I plan to start with my family is something that he will carry down with his family. My hope is that he will be consumed with amazing love and instilled with strong family values that the legacy of our family, my husband and I, are trying to establish will be carried down for generations to come. And yes, making pies or any type of dish, especially around the holidays, can help mold that ideology and transform our hope of having a big healthy family into a reality. This Thanksgiving, trying making a dish with your loved ones. Maybe even this Deep Dish Apple Pie. Whatever you decide to make, just make sure that family is the intent and the connection that binds everyone together.
Like what you see so far in Thanksgiving Week? Download the FREE Grocery List for all of my new recipes featured on my blog!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Deep Dish Apple Pie Recipe is an all-star Apple Pie recipe that will soothe your soul and tummy! Try this Deep Dish Apple Pie Recipe today!
- Apple Pie Filling:
- 7–8 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. All spice
- ¼ tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp .nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. Bourbon
- 1 egg
- Pie Crust:
- 2 ½ c. all-purpose flour, more for rolling
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 14 tbsp. Unsalted butter, cold
- ½ c. ice water + 1–2 tbsp. Ice cold water as needed
- For Pie Crust: Add the flour, salt, sugar, and butter in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you can turn the ingredients to a large bowl. In the food processor, pulse until flour turn into pea size clumps of flour. Add the ice cold water to the flour and pulse until dough ball forms. If using a bowl, use a pastry cutter or fork and mix all ingredients together including water until dough ball forms. Turn the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll into a dough ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- For Apple Pie Filling: Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a medium saute pan. Add the apple slices and cook for 10 minutes until softened and liquid nearly evaporates. Add the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger, nutmeg, lemon juice, and Bourbon. Stir to saute for an addition 5-7 minutes until caramelized. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, and divide the dough. Take one section of the dough and roll out into large circle that will fit over a deep pie dish. Press to fit in the dish. Pour the apple filling in the pie dish. Roll out the other half in a large circle. Place the second part of the dough on top of the apple pie filling and roll and pinch the dough to the edges of the pie dish. In a small ramekin, whisk the egg until whites and yolks are combined Brush the top of the pie with the egg mixture and sprinkle with a little sugar. Make 4 slits on top of the pie and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top crust is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
- Category: Dessert